GUIDE ON CRATER SAFARI LODGE IN UGANDA
Crater Safari Lodge Overview & Where Is It Located?A picture-perfect setting of lush greenery, clear views as far as the eye can see, and, at sunset, a pool of liquid gold spread out in front of you. Reveling in the spellbinding beauty of Uganda’s Kibale wilderness outskirts, with the masked distant Rwenzori Mountains to the west, while sipping on drinks from the bar is only one of the special experiences you can look forward to during your stay at the Crater Safari Lodge. This affordable, eco-friendly accommodation stands on the lip of a ridge overlooking the stunning Nyinabulitwa Crater Lake.
The Crater Safari Lodge has a lovely thatched-roof lounge designed much like a rondavel and furnished with comfy sofas. Walk down the steps and follow the paved pathways to the free-form swimming pool close by, which has daybeds around it for relaxing. The lodge also provides massage facilities in your room to ease sore muscles after a day of touring Kibale National Park with AfricanMecca Safaris. Solar panels provide power for lighting and for heating water for showers.
- Standing on the rim of the picturesque Nyinabulitwa Crater Lake within a lush, green property
- Free-form swimming pool with daybeds for napping and relaxing
- Provision of massages in your room to ease sore muscles after trekking expeditions
- Eco-friendly practices with solar panels for generating power for lighting and heating water
- Rustic-themed lounge with a thatched roof and rondavel design
What To Expect At Crater Safari Lodge Accommodation?
- Value Safari Tier 3 Experience. Total of 21 rooms
- Choice of rooms in lake - garden deluxe chalets or poolside cabanas rooms
- Honeymoon suite for newly-weds and couples desiring privacy
- Two-bedroom suites for families with kids and larger groups of up to 4 travelers
- Two-story block rooms (cabanas) offer lower rooming prices
The lodge also has a two-story block overlooking the swimming pool with standard cabanas rooms suitable for guests who prefer to lower their costs for rooming at Crater Safari Lodge. In addition to an indoor and outdoor seating area, each room has a writing desk and electronic safe for storing valuables. Area rugs add to the comfort of the rooms, while open racks are convenient for unpacking. Lanterns are provided in each room, and the ensuite bathroom comes with a single vanity, bathrobes and a built-in shower while some also have a bath. The standard cabanas rooms are smaller, and only have an ensuite bathroom with a shower.
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Crater Safari Lodge On Kibale Safari?
- Tracking down chimpanzees and spending time watching their activities in their natural habitat
- Birdwatching to spot some of the 375 species of avian life, 70 types of mammals, and various other exciting wildlife
- Nature walks in the evenings to sight the nocturnal creatures of the reserve
- Cultural excursions to visit the local tribes and participate in their traditional activities
- Canoeing on the lake and viewing the resident hippo
Book nature walks during the day and in the evenings, when the nocturnal creatures of the park are waking up. You could also tour the local village to take an African cultural lesson in the tribal crafts of making bamboo baskets, hats, and other items. Head back to the lake near the lodge to enjoy some canoeing under the watchful eye of the hippo that resides in its waters.
How Is The Dining At Crater Safari Lodge?
- Three-course meals served at different locations around the property
- Indoor and alfresco dining options, guests can request that meals are organized poolside or on the deck
- Provision of packed lunches to bring on nature hiking excursions
- Campfire lit in the evenings to enjoy sundowners and interact with fellow travelers
- Dining by the lake shore can be arranged on request
What We Like About Crater Safari Lodge
- Strategic location on a ridge overlooking the fabulous Nyinabulitwa Crater Lake, surrounded by the rich foliage.
- Sighting of flora and fauna around the environs of the lake.
- Has a lovely swimming pool with shaded loungers for relaxing; guests can request a massage in their room.
- Eco-friendly lodge that uses solar power for lighting and heating water for showers.
- Option of two main room categories i.e. higher costs for the large detached chalets that affords privacy and the best lake views versus the lesser cost cabana rooms by the poolside in a two-story structure.
Things To Note When Staying At Crater Safari Lodge
- Rooms are accessible by walking over pathways that may also have stairs, not suitable for physically challenged guests. The lodge is 7 kilometers (4.5 miles) from the park gate - around 10-15 minutes drive away.
- Has a two-bedroom suite for touring families with kids. Offers room prices with drinks and without drinks.
- Mid-size lodge with a total of 21 rooms; the lodge could get crowded and boisterous at full capacity with over 42+ guests during the high - peak seasons.
- Prices are on the higherside due to lack of strong competition from other Tier 3 lodges close to Kibale.
- Be vary of the hippos at the lake during canoeing or walking at the lake bank.
Crater Safari Lodge Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Crater Safari Lodge Is A Value Tier 3 Safari Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Crater Safari Lodge In Kibale, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY KIBALE
Read More +
KIBALE SAFARI ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR CRATER SAFARI LODGE IN KIBALE UGANDA
When staying at Crater Safari Lodge in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth and Murchison Falls for your wildlife safari, and alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO KIBALE IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Crater Safari Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON CRATER SAFARI LODGE
EXPLORE MORE ON KIBALE NATIONAL PARK IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED KIBALE FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE CRATER SAFARI LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +