GUIDE ON VILLA GORILLA IN RWANDA
Accommodation & Tour Experience At Villa Gorilla
Navigation Tip - Go Directly To Prices, Reviews, Map, Photos, Video & Room Rate Guide For Villa GorillaThe famed Volcanoes National Park (view map) with its scenic vistas of volcanic peaks, magnificent lakes and lush vegetation is one of the most attractive wilderness locations in the world. The presence of the rare mountain gorillas presents an unending fascination and allure for active-vacationers. The Villa Gorilla is a homely stayover that you can choose as a base for your explorations in the reserve. It is located at Kinigi amidst the foothills of the Virungas, close to the main gate and that makes reaching the base point of your treks easy. The entire villa is made up of roundish and rectangular structures with thatched roofs and corrugated sheets (main villa), painted in vibrant colors that reflect the spirit of Rwanda while bamboo fences add a touch of rusticity. In the evenings, a roaring campfire is lit, and you can spend time around it relishing the calm tranquility, perhaps broken by the melodies of some of the 178 species of birds that reside in the locale. You will be staying in one of the 7 rooms offered by Villa Gorilla to like-minded tourists. 4 of these rooms are sited in the main villa and are intended for the use of 2 guests each. The lodge also includes 3 garden bungalows that offer you panoramic views of the mountains. Their location at the back of the estate ensures that you will not be disturbed by other guests. These villas are ideal for families traveling together on safari in Rwanda. Each of the rooms has an offbeat, authentic decor and is adorned with Rwandan artifacts and curios that make the rooms inviting. Carpeting keeps your toes warm in the cool mountain climate while tapestries add a touch of color and life. Bathrooms are attached with the rooms.The lodge serves wholesome meals cooked home-style. You can have your meals al fresco with stunning views of the mountains, tea plantations, and natural beauty of the rural backwoods. Dinner is served beside the campfire and on some days, native dancers regale you with their engaging music and cultural rave forms. If you have any special dietary preferences, do let the staff know, and they will prepare your meals accordingly. Leave for your safari trekking expedition in the Volcanoes National Park under the supervision of your expert guide. Considering that some of the trails can be steep, you can opt to request porters to assist you with the essentials and photographic equipment that you need to carry along. Do keep in mind that it could take you from an hour to more than four hours to locate the gorilla family assigned to you. Spending time with the mountain gorillas can be an exhilarating experience. These creatures are used to the presence of humans. However, you must take care to observe the rules of etiquette with them. You can also spend some holiday touring time in Parc National Des Volcans visiting the pristine lakes around the reserve where you can experience the varied biome and its beautiful inhabitants. Hike up the Mounts Karisimbi and Bisoke and you will be rewarded with stupendous views. Yet another trail will take you to the bamboo forests, favored habitat of the elusive golden monkeys of Rwanda. You can also visit the impressive underground caves at Musanze or the Iby'Iwacu Village. Trip out to the grave of Dian Fossey and pay your respects to this remarkable woman who gave her life for the preservation of the endangered mountain gorillas.RELATED PAGES: (1) Volcanoes Safari Park Guide, (2) Best Time & Weather To Visit Volcanoes, (3) Safari Lodges, Camps & Hotels In Volcanoes
What We Like About Villa Gorilla
- Offers easy accessibility to the Volcanoes National Park thanks to its location at Kinigi, which is a short ten minutes' drive from the reserve.
- Picturesque location with magnificent views of the mountains and lush greenery.
- The staff are extremely helpful and go out of the way to help with serving meals, providing hot water bottles, and helping you clean up muddy footwear and laundry.
- With just 7 rooms for guests, offer homely vacationers the quiet, personalized experience coupled with family-like ambience. Ideal for holidaymakers looking for affordable accommodation.
- Meals are fresh, wholesome and delicious.
Things To Note When Staying At Villa Gorilla
- Rooms are rudimentary and simple. Don’t expect any frill experiences here.
- Does not offer spa services like massages.
- Rooms can get cold at night in the cool climate of the Volcanoes Park since there is no other source of heating save for the hot water bottles.
- Uses electricity and generators for power in place of solar energy. For a small property, solar should be the way forward especially since electricity is irregular during day.
- Offers rooms designed for families on tour, but no other child-friendly activities provided. Gorilla trekking is restricted to children of ages 15 and above only.
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Villa Gorilla In Volcanoes, Rwanda
Read More +
PLACES TO STAY IN VOLCANOES
Read More +
SAFARI & TOUR IN VOLCANOES PARK
Read More +
RWANDA GORILLA TREK SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
SAFARI TRIP IDEA FOR VILLA GORILLA IN VOLCANOES RWANDA
When staying at Villa Gorilla during your gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda, we recommend combining it with Akagera, Nyungwe and a city tour of Kigali. You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas of Gishwati-Mukura ending with a beach vacation at Lake Kivu or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO VOLCANOES IN RWANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Villa Gorilla? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON VILLA GORILLA
VOLCANOES CAMPS & LODGES
Singita Kwitonda LodgeVolcanoes
Sabyinyo Silverback LodgeVolcanoes
One&Only Gorilla’s Nest LodgeVolcanoes
Mountain Gorilla View LodgeVolcanoes
Le Bambou Gorilla LodgeVolcanoes
Gorillas Volcanoes HotelVolcanoes
Five Volcanoes Boutique HotelVolcanoes
EXPLORE MORE ON VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK IN RWANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED VOLCANOES FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN RWANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE VILLA GORILLA REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +