AUTHENTIC TOURS & PERSONALIZED EXCURSIONS AROUND WATAMU WITH AFRICANMECCA
Select Your Watamu Tour Attraction For More Details On The Experience1. Deep Sea Fishing In Watamu - Watamu has received international recognition as a big game fish destination for serious anglers and hobbyists alike and plays host to a number of tournaments including the ILTTA World Championships.
2. Snorkeling In Watamu Marine Park - Low tide is the best time to experience the wonders of the world underneath the surface, especially during spring low tide and you have ample sites to choose from as Watamu Marine Park is approximately six square miles with reefs that extend out almost one-quarter mile from the shore.
3. Scuba Diving In Watamu Marine Park - As a protected area, Watamu Marine Park is the site of pristine coral reefs that are constantly active with aquatic species, thanks in part to the efforts of the park authorities to protect the reef from anchor damage and other detrimental effects.
4. Tour Of Arabuko Sokoke Forest Reserve - The Arabuko Sokoke Forest Reserve is situated north of Mombasa, between the towns of Kilifi and Malindi, adjacent to Watamu. It represents the most significant protected area of tropical forest on the coast of East Africa.
5. Tour Of Gede Ruins - Since 1884 when Gede Ruins was first visited by Sir John Kirk, the site has been recognized for its archaeological value and today it is one of the most highly studied relics on the Kenyan Coast. The ruins were first noted as a Historical Monument in 1927.
6. Watamu Marine Park - Established in 1968, Watamu Marine Park became the first protected marine area in Kenya and eleven years later, the UNESCO Man & Biosphere Reserve Program identified the area as a Biosphere Reserve.
7. Mida Creek - Tidal ecosystems are some of the most intriguing in nature. Almost a 4-mile long tidal inlet, Mida Creek covers a little more than 12 square miles of mangrove forest, sand and mud flats, shallow areas of water and many other habitats.
8. Bio-Ken Snake Farm - If you have an interest in learning about some of the slithering animals that are found in the ecosystems of coastal East Africa, a visit to Bio-Ken Snake Farm with AfricanMecca will give you an insightful herpetology tour that is sure to amaze and thrill you!
Read More +
WHERE TO STAY IN WATAMU
Watamu offers a range of hotels, from the most opulent beachside villas where you are pampered with top service to deluxe resorts where you receive excellent service to affordable lodgings.
Read More +
GUIDE ON WATAMU
In Watamu, you may come to realize that the stretches of soft white beaches, ocean breezes gently swaying the coconut palms leaves and turquoise, marine life waters are exactly what you imagined.
Read More +
BEST TIME TO VISIT WATAMU
We consider July to October to be the best time to visit, as this is the longest dry season with cool coastal conditions and the skies are clear and sunny, but Watamu is a beautiful all year round.
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
I recently returned back from my honeymoon in Kenya which included a safari and Indian Ocean beach vacation. Thank you to AfricanMecca for helping us plan the trip/honeymoon of a lifetime!
Holly & Michael Lapidus - New Jersey, United States
Our holiday in Malindi was fantastic, more than we could have expected. the travel arrangements you made for us between Nairobi and Malindi were great, everyone looked after us. Many thanks for all your help.
Mandy Salisbury - Hinckley, United Kingdom
Just wanted to let you know I got back last Sunday from a wonderful trip to Kenya. I met with the owner of the Driftwood Beach Club and he was delighted that his hotel was recommended by your agency.
Monique Ophorst - Naarden, Netherlands
Dear Altaf, We would like to thank you for arranging our holiday to Kenya. The Turtle Bay Beach Club in Watamu which we stayed in for the first week was excellent. The food and the service were first class.
Robert Ward - Essex, United Kingdom
Jambo Altaf, I want to let you know that both Dorothy and I found our two week trip to Kenya to be an absolutely wonderful experience. Our booking through AfricanMecca for our trip delivered everything we hoped for and more.
John Lowry - Cheshire, United Kingdom
We have been home for a week now from our Kenya safari and beach vacation, and we have to say it was really great!!! Everything worked smoothly and was really well organized, we will definitely further recommend your company.
Sascha Konrad & Shivani Patel - New Jersey, United States
I am writing to let you know that my mother and her friend, Carole, had a very good holiday in Kenya. We were all very happy with all your help in booking the trip. All the arrangements you had made for them went very smoothly.
Dr Christina Cousens - Moredun Research Institute - Scotland, United Kingdom
EAST AFRICA SAFARI AND BEACH TRIP IDEA FOR WATAMU IN EASTERN KENYA
When beach vacationing in Watamu, we recommend experiencing some of the surrounding Watamu attractions and cultural activities after heading out on your Kenya safari to Amboseli, Masai Mara, Lake Nakuru and Naivasha.READ MORE
WATAMU BEACH & TOUR PLANNING DETAILS
Kickstart Your Beach Planning
Kickstart Your Beach Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING AN AFRICAN TRIP TO WATAMU IN KENYA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance For Your Travels In Watamu ? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON WATAMU
WATAMU HOTELS & RESORTS
HAVE YOU VISITED WATAMU FOR A BEACH VACATION IN KENYA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE WATAMU REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +