Samburu Lodge, Kenya Safari
Samburu Lodge was opened in July 13, 1963, and is set in a rugged landscape with a backdrop of jagged mountains and its own indigenous wildlife unique to the northern region of Samburu Reserve. The landscape, wildlife and vegetation are very different to the lush rolling grasslands of other parks. Samburu is a place for leopard, lion, elephant and crocodile. It is the place of the semi-nomadic Samburu tribe. A place of thorn bush open plains and vast horizons. It gives you a taste of the romance of the African desert in Kenya. Beautifully situated on the banks of the Uaso Nyiro River, everything at Samburu is geared to making the most of the lodge's spectacular setting.
Tell me more about Samburu Lodge located in the Samburu Game Reserve as an Africa Safaris & Kenya Holidays Accommodation?
Kenya Safari accommodations and more at Samburu Lodge in Kenya
Samburu Lodge Rooms
All cottages, rooms and suites numbering 61 in total,are decorated using the finest materials and fabrics. All accommodations have en suite bathrooms, some with baths, and all have private balconies overlooking the river. There are several family rooms. One room has been custom designed to accommodate the special needs of physically challenged persons.
Africa Safari Holidays & Kenya Safaris Dining, Relaxation & Wildlife Experience At Samburu Lodge Club Located in Samburu Game Reserve
- Dining Room - Facing the river, the open sided dining room allows guest to enjoy the sights and sounds of the river as they dine. All meals are served here.
- Crocodile Bar - Open between 4.00 p.m. and 10.00 p.m., this bar lets you look crocodiles in the eye as you sip your sundowner. At night wildlife videos are shown here under the night stars.
- Crocodile Lounge - Sip early morning or afternoon tea from here as you watch the animals and the Uaso Nyiro River. It is open from 6.00 a.m. to when the last guest retires for the night
- Swimming Pool - The attractive pool with a quaint bridge across, it is the perfect place to relax after a hot day in the bush.
- Night Wildlife Viewing - Leopard and crocodile viewing - Every night, a number of crocodiles climb up the river bank to the edge of the crocodile bar and feast on food left out for them. On a good night, guests may also see the secretive, solitary and nocturnal leopard silently arrive to the fresh meat bait put out on a tree across the river.
- Samburu Dancers - Samburu dancing takes place in the lodge arena daily from 2.30 p.m. to 3.00 p.m.
- Related Services - Laundry/dry cleaning, gift shop, telephone and fax services available.