What We Like About Katara Lodge
- Picturesque location on the edge of Albertine’s Great Rift Valley escarpment with stunning views of Queen Elizabeth National Park’s savannah grasslands.
- Operates on eco-friendly principles, using solar panels for electricity and to heat shower water, low-flush toilets, power-saving light fixtures, and rainwater harvesting.
- Rim-flow saltwater pool for therapeutic dips.
- Offers just 8 cottages, providing guests with an attentive and personalized service.
- Family-friendly banda and wading pool are ideal for vacationers with kids.
Things To Note When Staying At Katara Lodge
- Located outside the boundaries of the Queen Elizabeth Park; guests must travel longer distances to access Mweya and Ishasha’s prime attractions i.e. Kazinga Channel and tree-climbing lions.
- Does not have a bush fitness center or safari spa.
- Bandas are scattered on the slope and accessible by steps, making them unsuitable for guests with mobility issues. Pathways to the bandas are not lit at night; guests must use torches to guide them to the rooms.
- Discerning guests looking for luxurious facilities and amenities may find the lodge lacking. Katara is a modest value accommodation with higher prices due to hosting only 8 rooms.
- Drinks and laundry are extra. Being a Tier 3 accommodation, Katara does not include drinks and laundry in its rooming costs.
Katara Lodge Guest Reviews On TripAdvisor - Located In Queen Elizabeth, Uganda
Write A Review On Katara Lodge In Queen Elizabeth, Uganda
HAVE YOU VISITED QUEEN ELIZABETH FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE KATARA LODGE REVIEW
2. Reviews For Katara Lodge
3. Katara Lodge Map
4. Photos For Katara Lodge
5. Video For Katara Lodge
6. Booking Itinerary Idea For Queen Elizabeth Park
2. Trip Review For Queen Elizabeth Park
3. Where To Stay In Queen Elizabeth Park
4. Queen Elizabeth Park Safari Activities & Tour Attractions
5. Best Time & Weather To Visit Queen Elizabeth Park
6. Uganda Safari Prices & Gorilla - Chimpanzee Trekking
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EXPLORE MORE ON QUEEN ELIZABETH NATIONAL PARK IN UGANDA
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO QUEEN ELIZABETH IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Katara Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary Correctly
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.CONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON KATARA LODGE
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +