GUIDE ON KIGALI SERENA HOTEL IN RWANDA
Accommodation & Tour Experience At Kigali Serena Hotel
Navigation Tip - Go Directly To Prices, Reviews, Map, Photos, Video & Room Rate Guide For Kigali Serena HotelA superior, luxury accommodation in Kigali, well suited to the tastes of the discerning traveler; the Kigali Serena Hotel is located in the heart of the city center. With less than eight miles drive from the Kigali International Airport, the hotel is ideal for guests visiting Rwanda for business or as a safari overnight springboard to the distinct parks and reserves.
Spend time in the plush Executive Lounge and Bar adorned with subtle Rwandan art. This lounge extends to a terrace above the swimming pool. You can visit the Maisha Health Spa for skillful massages and relaxation or its namesake, Maisha Health Club for a rejuvenating workout session. Kigali Serena offers guests the best of facilities and amenities in its 148 rooms. Visitors can choose from an array of specifications such as the 54 Standard Rooms, 25 Deluxe Rooms, 37 Superior Rooms, 7 Prime Rooms, 18 Studio Suites, 6 Executive Suites and 1 Presidential Suite.
One of the Standard Rooms is wisely equipped for the comfort of physically challenged guests. The air-conditioned rooms have either twin or queen-sized beds along with amenities such as hairdryer, direct dialing phone, flat screen television, minibar, electronic safe deposit box, and tea and coffee making equipment. The Presidential Suite includes two rooms and a distinct living area. Guests looking for smoking rooms can inform AfricanMecca in advance, and the appropriate arrangements can be made.
The hotel serves delectable meals including a range of various cuisines out of their two eateries. The Milima Restaurant overlooks the pool and offers a different cuisine, buffet-style on each day of the week from Monday through Thursday. The Sokoni Cafe and Bar on the pool offers al-fresco dining too. As you tour the city, you will learn that Dr. Richard Kandt is one of the forefathers of Kigali.
Your expert guide, assigned by AfricanMecca Safaris will accompany you Kandt House, home of the renowned explorer. This house has now been converted into the Natural History Museum that displays examples of the varied flora and fauna of Rwanda. For a more in-depth peek into the history of the country, you must trip out to the Presidential Palace Museum in Kanombe.
A visit to the Kigali Genocide Memorial, Nyanza Genocide Memorial, Nyamata Church and Ntarama Church gives you an understanding of how the terrible genocide of 1994 occurred and what transpired in the country. As you leave these shrines, you will be amazed once again, by the spirit of forgiveness and compassion that shines in the people. To understand their cultures better, you must visit the distinct ethnic centers in Kigali.
The Ivuka Art Gallery displays beautiful paintings while the Inema Arts Center presents various dance forms along with costumes, jewelry, and other craft items. Visit the Niyo Art Gallery, and you will be impressed by the inherent talent of the youth. To shop for mementos to take home from your holiday in East Africa, you must visit the Caplaki Handicrafts Cooperative. The stores here stock an amazing collection of ethnic tribal masks, pottery, baskets, and other handicrafts.
RELATED PAGES: (1) Kigali Guide, (2) Best Time & Weather To Visit Kigali, (3) Hotels In Kigali
What We Like About Kigali Serena Hotel
- The hotel is located in the center of the city at a driving distance of 20-25 minutes, about 12 kilometers (less than 8 miles) from the Kigali International Airport. Thus, it is well suited for guests visiting Kigali for business and wishing to stay central for a day or two before traveling onward.
- The hotel offers excellent meals with an impressive variety in its two specialty restaurants, Milima Restaurant, and Sokoni Cafe.
- You can avail of expert massages in the hotel’s Maisha Spa. You can also use the fitness equipment of the Maisha Health Club.
- Expect consistent, high-quality services from the staff.
- Excellent security at the hotel entrance; though, some guests find it bothersome.
Things To Note When Staying At Kigali Serena Hotel
- Since the hotel caters to conferences and meetings, guests looking for quiet vacation accommodations might not appreciate the noise and disturbance when the hotel is filled with attendees staying over.
- This Rwandan hotel has 148 rooms in all, and if you are looking for the tranquil boutique experience with few guests and ultra-personalized service, this accommodation is not for you.
- Some of the amenities and fittings in few of the room such as the air-conditioners and hinges might seem a little dated and creaky.
- The rooms facing the pool have a nice view, but the sounds can be disturbing when the hotel organizes poolside events. The rooms facing the street can also have traffic sounds. This is why; it is preferable to request for rooms on the higher floors in the new wing.
- One of the most expensive hotels on the Kigali property block.
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Kigali Serena Hotel, Rwanda
Read More +
PLACES TO STAY IN KIGALI CITY
Read More +
KIGALI TOURS & ATTRACTIONS
Read More +
RWANDA GORILLA TREK SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you.
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
The safari trip was spectacular! Everything went off without a hitch. Thank you for a job well done! We loved the Masai Mara. The migration was awesome. The people were lovely and accommodating. A great place to start the safari experience.
Judi & Chaim Platt - Toronto, Canada
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA TOUR BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR FOR KIGALI SERENA HOTEL RWANDA
When staying at Kigali Serena Hotel in Rwanda, we recommend experiencing some of the surrounding Kigali sightseeing attractions and cultural tour activities before heading out on your gorilla and primate safari to Volcanoes (Parc National de Volcans), Nyungwe and Akagera. You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas of Gishwati-Mukura ending with a beach vacation at Lake Kivu or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICA TRIP TO KIGALI IN RWANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Kigali Serena Hotel? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON KIGALI SERENA HOTEL
HAVE YOU VISITED KIGALI ON A TOUR VACATION IN RWANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE KIGALI SERENA HOTEL REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +