BEST TIME TO VISIT JINJA - NILE RIVER FOR A UGANDA TOUR
Best Time, Seasons & Months To Go On Tour In Jinja - Nile River?The ideal travel experience in Jinja near Nile River benefits from planning and preparation with your expert AfricanMecca Safaris consultant. Weather and climate will influence many aspects of your trip, and we will recommend the best time to visit based on general considerations, as well as your personal vacation vision and criteria. The climate in Jinja is warm and comfortable year-round, with relatively little temperature variation. Depending on the seasonal months, the daytime highs range from 26°C (84 F) to 29°C (79 F) while the nights are slighter cooler, with lows ranging from 16°C (61 F) to 18°C (64 F); and even the lowest temperatures tend to stay in this range.
Different Monthly Seasons At Jinja - Nile River - Dry, Hot, Wet Rainy & Cool
- Dry Months, Best Time & High Season For Jinja: Mid-December, January and February are the driest and warmest months but not the peak season of travel in Uganda. Expect few guests compared to the peak season.
- Dry & Wet Rainy Months, Very Good Time & Peak Season For Jinja: June, July and August offer mostly dry periods with intermittent showers. July and August have high numbers of visitors into Jinja.
- Wet Rainy Months, Good Time & Mid-Peak Season For Jinja: March and September offer a mixture of dry and wet periods with September having an increased number of visitors into Jinja compared to March.
- Wet Rainy Season, Least Best Time & Low Season For Jinja: April, May, October, and November. These months are also part of the lush green season, and have the least number of visitors due to limited water based activities.
- Hot & Cool Months: There is only 1-3 Celsius degrees variation in temperature in between months at Jinja. January and February are the hottest months with highs of 29 C (84 F) during the day and lows of 18 C (64 F) at night while June, July and August are the coolest months with highs of 26ºC (79 F) during the day and lows of 16 C (61 F) at night. All other months have a range from 27 C (80 F) to 28 C (82 F) during the daytime while nighttime temperatures average around 17 C (62 F).
- The warmer dry season of January and February is the best time to visit Jinja
- The alternate best time to visit from June to August
- Two wet seasons in March, April and May, and September to mid-December
- Daytime high temperatures range from 26°C (84 F) to 29°C (79 F) depending on the month of travel
- Nighttime low temperatures ranging from 16°C (61 F) to 18°C (64 F) with little variation through the year
Visiting Jinja - Nile River During the Dry Seasons - Is It The Best Time To Go On Tour Based On Climate, Temperatures & Weather Conditions?Because the temperatures are pleasant year-round, rainfall is the primary factor affecting your experience in Jinja. Uganda has two dry seasons and two wet seasons - typical of East Africa. The short dry season, which occurs in June and July, through to the middle of August, is considered a very good time to visit Jinja. The short dry season also coincides with summer breaks in Europe and the United States, when family safaris are popular, so it is an excellent opportunity to visit Africa. The long dry season starts around the middle of December, January and February, and is considered the best time to visit Uganda, and the same applies to Jinja.
It would also work very well when extending out to Serengeti for the Great Wildebeest Migration experience of the calving season. Rest assured that the long dry season in January and February are also considered the best time to travel to Uganda because there are fewer visitors compared to the short dry season months. The benefit of this timing is that you can vacation during the Christmas and New Year period.
Wet Seasons In Jinja - Nile River & How To Plan Activities During The Rainy Period?Although the rainy seasons are not considered the best time to visit Jinja, there are some distinct advantages to planning a trip at this time - see the below considerations. The rainy season months are March, April, and May, and September through to mid-December. April and May being the wettest months.
Other Considerations When Planning Your Tour Dates For Jinja - Nile RiverBecause Jinja is a destination for local business conference travelers and budget tourists, there really is no “off-peak” period and accommodation costs remain fairly constant throughout the year. Where you may save money, though, is on safari camps and lodges in other areas of Uganda and East Africa. While Jinja is a busy adventure destination year-round, you may find that attractions outside the city have smaller crowds during the rainy seasons. The ecological value of the rains should also be considered. The landscape is transformed into a lush, green paradise, which offers an amazing backdrop for nature photography. Availability of water based activities are limited during the rainy season.
Seasonal considerations are an important part of planning your safari trip in Uganda, and these recommendations are based on historical data. Climate change has affected the predictability of weather in Jinja, so the best source for accurate tour planning and timely climatic information is your AfricanMecca tour consultant.
Jinja - Nile River Rating By AfricanMecca
Users (0 votes) 0
Write A Trip Review On Jinja - Nile River In Uganda
Read More +
GUIDE ON JINJA - NILE RIVER
The story of Jinja in Uganda has many fascinating chapters, from a chance geological event to worldwide recognition as what Speke believed to be the source of the Nile. Today, it is the East Africa's adventure capital.
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY IN JINJA - NILE RIVER
Jinja has limited good quality accommodations. AfricanMecca only recommends Wildwaters Lodge with a mid-range Deluxe Tier 2 Safari rating. It offers a private island lodge experience on the banks of Nile River.
Read More +
TOUR JINJA - NILE RIVER ATTRACTIONS
Experience aqua activities like white water rafting, kayaking, paddleboarding, fishing, river swimming, sunset cruise. Land tours include town visits, Mabira Forest hikes and biking, horseback tours, quadbiking etc.
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
AfricanMecca Safaris created a remarkable honeymoon tailored to our interests and desires. The quality of service and delivery of experience was unsurpassed. I highly recommend AfricanMecca Safaris to honeymooners, families, or any traveler.
Noorin & Jason Nelson - Maryland, United States
First off, we had the most amazing time ever and wanted to thank you very much. Kenya proved without a doubt to meet all of our expectations. Every detail was thought of on our trip by AfricanMecca and were are all flawless.
Marcy Burton & Ryan Kerr - Ontario, Canada
I booked my safari holiday through AfricanMecca. They were the most helpful company I have ever dealt with and I work within the travel industry. I had the most amazing time. The holiday went as clockwork with no hitches anywhere.
Shelley Roberts - Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
We have returned from our African adventure and would like to thank you very much for your part in making this such a wonderful experience. We were lucky enough to time the Great Migration from the Serengeti, which was amazing.
Denise Paterson - Belmont, Australia
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR JINJA - NILE RIVER IN UGANDA
When visiting Jinja - Nile River, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TRIP TO JINJA - NILE RIVER IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance For Your Travels In Jinja - Nile River ? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON JINJA - NILE RIVER
JINJA - NILE RIVER CAMPS & LODGES
EXPLORE MORE ON JINJA - NILE RIVER IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED JINJA - NILE RIVER FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE JINJA - NILE RIVER REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +