GUIDE ON WILDWATERS LODGE IN UGANDA
Wildwaters Lodge Overview & Where Is It Located?From the moment you step onto the small boat on the western bank of the Nile River just outside Jinja (30 minutes away), you will know that an adventure vacation of a lifetime is about to unfold at Wildwaters Lodge. As the name suggests, the accommodation offers a front-row seat to the impressive rapids of the Nile. Nestled within a gorgeous six-hectare riverine forest on a private island are 10 charming cottages built of canvas, stone, and thatch, constructed upon wooden stilts to offer outstanding views. An added benefit is that the island is part of a wild reserve, a protected conservation area that encompasses a group of unique islands in the river.
A network of wooden walkways weaves through the Wildwaters Lodge property, connecting the secluded cottages to the main areas, the centerpiece of which is a sparkling swimming pool overlooking the feisty water. Strolling along these elevated pathways takes you into the rainforest ecosystem of colorful birdlife warbling tranquil songs, red-tailed monkeys, river otters scampering along the river’s edge, and large monitor lizards flittering about, hunting for tiny prey. You simply cannot imagine a livelier and more engaging East African safari destination for a high-adrenaline holiday in Uganda.
In addition to exquisite natural beauty, Wildwaters Lodge offers the facilities you would expect from a mid-range accommodation, including a bar and superb restaurant, spa services, a small library, and well-managed activities. The exceptional location near Jinja town and 90 minutes from Kampala does attract day-trippers with advance reservation, who come to the lodge for meals, activities and to enjoy the refreshing swimming pool. Due to the island’s remote location, power is supplied via grid electricity and a backup generator is shut off late each night.
- Located on a private island amidst a six-hectare riverine forest teeming with lush vegetation and smaller fauna
- Easy access to the Wildwaters Reserve that comprises a group of islands in the river
- Swimming pool overlooking the lake with loungers all around for sunbathing and reading
- Elevated pathways connecting the main areas of the lodge with the rooms
- Spa services available along with a small library with books that detail the wonders of the reserve
What To Expect At Wildwaters Lodge Accommodation?
- Deluxe Safari Tier 2 Experience. Total of 10 rooms in two configurations, each with a private deck
- All cottages built using naturally-occurring materials like thatch ceilings, timber floors, canvas, and wood
- Choice of units with a double bed, twin single beds, or triples
- Family Suite suitable for larger groups of traveling companions
- Ensuite bathroom highlighted by natural accents with an outdoor standalone bathtub, an indoor rain shower, and washbasin
Perhaps your favorite spot in this amazing travel accommodation, though, will be the private wood deck overlooking Africa’s cherished Nile River - Jinja (best to go). Lounge chairs offer ample seating, but the open-air footed tub is beyond anything you can imagine. Spend peaceful nights stargazing with a glass of wine while relaxing tired muscles, or begin your day with a soak, listening to the intense sounds of the rapids.
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Wildwaters Lodge On Jinja - Nile River Safari?
- Hist of aqua activities including rafting, paddleboarding, river swimming, fishing, and kayaking
- Exploring the beauty of Jinja - Nile Valley with quad biking and horseback riding
- Taking cruises on the original boat used in the 1951 movie African Queen
- Taming the river with rafting on grade 5 rapids with trained experts on board
- Birdwatching tours to see and photograph some of the most gorgeous avian life native to the region
Using Wildwaters as a base, you must take the time to go on birding trips to spot some of the 1000+ species that Uganda is so famous for. AfricanMecca will assign an experienced guide who will help you spot gorgeous varieties hidden in their favorite camouflage. You will also learn about the endemic bird nesting habits, breeding seasons, and feeding and mating routines. Also, prepare to be entranced by the diversity of small and large land species that thrive on the rich water source of the Nile and its surrounding vegetation.
How Is The Dining At Wildwaters Lodge ?
- All meals cooked using flavorful ingredients grown organically on local farms
- Dining venues like in the restaurant, on the poolside, or on the deck beside the river
- The staff organizes intimate, romantic dinners on the pool or in your room on request
- Breakfast is served buffet-style while lunch is offered al a carte
- Five-course dinners with special dishes cooked to suit individual tastes and preferences
What We Like About Wildwaters Lodge
- The lodge is situated on a private island location with excellent views of the calming and rapids sections of the Nile River. Access is via a boat.
- Cottages are spacious and comfortably decorated. Guests with young children can opt for the family cottage.
- The outdoor bathtub offers an unparalleled experience under the stars and views of the Nile.
- The guest service at the lodge is good and five-course dinner is mouth watering.
- Each cottage offers privacy amid the dense forest. Opportunities to spot red-tailed monkeys on the tree-lined raised walkway.
Things To Note When Staying At Wildwaters Lodge
- The sound of the rapids is appealing for the first day, but light sleepers in rapid view cottages may tire of the constant roar of the water.
- The pool is small. Ideal for cool-off dips, and not a swim. Popular with families with children especially residents from Kampala and Jinja.
- Cottage decks and wooden walkways can be slippery, especially during the rains or early morning dew so guests should watch their footing and avoid walking barefoot too. The lodge railings are open, and parents with young children need to be handholding and watching them every second.
- Room prices are on the higher side due to a lack of competition in the deluxe range and island location. Wildwaters is a mid-range deluxe accommodation. It is not a luxury lodge.
- The generator shuts down at night after 11 p.m., so you will not have room lights.
Wildwaters Lodge Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Wildwaters Lodge Is A Deluxe Tier 2 Safari Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Wildwaters Lodge In Jinja - Nile River, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY JINJA - NILE RIVER
Read More +
JINJA - NILE RIVER ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR WILDWATERS LODGE IN JINJA - NILE RIVER UGANDA
When staying at Wildwaters Lodge in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO JINJA - NILE RIVER IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Wildwaters Lodge ? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON WILDWATERS LODGE
JINJA - NILE RIVER CAMPS & LODGES
EXPLORE MORE ON JINJA - NILE RIVER IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED JINJA - NILE RIVER FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE WILDWATERS LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +