AUTHENTIC SAFARIS & PERSONALIZED TOURS IN LAKE MBURO WITH AFRICANMECCA
What Safari Attractions & Tour Activities To Experience During Your Lake Mburo Visit?Lake Mburo National Park covers an area of 370 square kilometers (143 square miles) and, though small, has a variety of habitats and biomes. Along with the region’s 13 lakes, 5 of which are included within the borders of the park, there are extensive swamps that support a rich wetland ecosystem with an array of wildlife. Savannah grasslands, copses of acacia and commiphora, riparian forests, and papyrus marshes provide a haven for a wide range of herbivores, a few carnivores, and avian life. A family safari vacation in Uganda will offer a chance to indulge in many adventure activities at Lake Mburo, some are suitable for parents with young children.
- Small park covering an area of 370 sq km (143 sq mi) with a diversity of scenic landscapes
- Home to 350 species of birds including 22 migratory northern species
- 68 species of mammals along with various reptiles, amphibians, insects, and smaller creatures
Predators prowling the park include hyenas, genets, and leopards; lions have recently been seen again in the park after a long absence. Avid bird watchers vacationing in Lake Mburo Park are thrilled to be able to spot about 350 species here, including 22 migratory species that arrive from Palaearctic and Afrotropical regions. The lakes abound with around 300 hippos and many crocodiles. Spend time boating on the lakes and you will surely come across various aquatic birds. Fishing is another activity available to tourists.
Horseback riding safaris, mountain biking, wild running are the unique adventure activities to do here at Lake Mburu. Spend some time in a hide close to a watering hole and salt lick to watch the animals visit to drink and lick the saline soil. The hides and a wooden viewing platform were set up by the Uganda Wildlife Authority.
Watch Video On Lake Mburo Safari Experiences
Our Top 7 Safari Activities In Lake Mburo - Things You Can Do & See
Page Content - Start Here
1. Game Drives To View The Diverse Wildlife Of Lake Mburo
- Drives along the Research Track with your guide on board to spot herds of herbivores grazing
- Visiting the Kazuma Lookout for stunning views of the 5 lakes of the park
- Night game drives to spot nocturnal creatures that remain hidden away in the day
The environs of Lake Mburo National Park allow for tours and explorations both inside and outside the reserve boundaries. You will be riding in a specialized safari vehicle with an AfricanMeca assigned guide on board to help you spot the wildlife hidden in the bush and learn more about the behaviors. Drive to the dams for livestock outside the park for sightings of crested cranes, shoebills, and other aquatic birds. The tribal villages on the outskirts of the park, are also a great place to visit, allowing guests to spot magnificent long-horned Ankole cattle grazing side by side with herds of eland, impalas, and topi.
Night game drives in Lake Mburo National Park offer the opportunity to view the park and its denizens in a whole different light. Be on the lookout for nocturnal animals such as the leopard, spotted hyena, and perhaps even a lion hunting in the bush. Also watch for smaller creatures like the white-tailed mongoose, genet cat, bush pig, gallago, and porcupine. Each trip takes around 2 hours and is conducted after dinner. The expert guide assigned may use spotlights to help you better see the animals.
2. Boat Safaris Around Lake Mburo
- Boating to view hippos and crocodiles
- Sightings of gorgeous aquatic birds fishing in the lake
- Each cruise lasting around 90 minutes and available for both kids and adults, life jackets provided
3. Birdwatching Safaris In Lake Mburo
- Birdwatching excursions to view some of the 350 species of Lake Mburo
- Rubanga Forest birdwalk to see some of the 40 woodland species
- Opportunity to spot some of the aquatic bird species
AfricanMecca Safaris can also organize a Rubanga Forest birdwalk. The forest has a lovely shaded atmosphere under a canopy of trees that includes figs, acacia, markhamia, and platycladus, among others. From the viewing platform you can see more than 40 species of birds, 5 of which are limited to such forested habitats. As you walk with the guidance of a naturalist, look for species such as the double-toothed barbet, gray-backed harrier hawk, Camaroptera, Narina trogon, green pigeon, and shoebill stork.
Below is a list of some of the birds of Lake Mburo National Park
4. Cultural & Community Tours Near Lake Mburo Park
- Interactions with the Banyankole Bahima tribe to learn about how they manage their long-horned Ankole cattle. Lessons in milking cows and tasting fresh milk
- Opportunity to check out the traditional huts and learn about the ancient lifestyles of the people. Listening to folklore and sampling traditional dishes
- Bicycle rides to the fishing village to learn traditional drying and preserving techniques
As you travel out of Lake Mburo National Park through the Sanga Gate, you will reach the Igongo Cultural Center, located about 4 kilometers away. This cultural complex has a series of traditional huts where you can learn more about the ancient living styles of locals, including many customs still followed today. You will also learn about the reverence the tribes feel for their Ankole cattle believing them to be kings and queens. People living in the area include the Banyankole, Batooro, Bakiga, Banyakitara, and Banyoro. At the end of the tour, you can sample some of the traditional dishes, including served in the area, such as roasted goat.
5. Walking Safaris In Lake Mburo Park
- Excursions organized in the early morning to experience the sights and sounds of animals waking up
- Spotting tiny insects and small reptiles, amphibians, birds, and small animals hiding in the bush
- Possibility of combining the walking tour with a picnic lunch beside the lake
6. Horseback Safaris In Lake Mburo Park
- Horseback safaris that last for around one to five hours, or overnight tours
- Possibility of approaching animals more closely without the possibility of startling them off
- Unique experiences of exploring the bush without the distraction of motorized vehicles
7. Mountain Biking & Cycling In Lake Mburo Park
- Biking safaris to explore animal trails and check out the smallest denizens of the forest and savannah
- Personal tour guide to direct the excursion
- Opportunity to view animals from closer distances without the sounds from safari vehicles
Lake Mburo Park Rating By AfricanMecca
Users (0 votes) 0
Write A Trip Review On Lake Mburo In Uganda
Read More +
LAKE MBURO NATIONAL PARK GUIDE
Lake Mburo National Park is a small but rich haven of wildlife in Lake Mburo National Park. This reserve is the smallest of all the parks in the country but it has significant socioeconomic importance.
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY IN LAKE MBURO
Lake Mburo has limited quality camps and lodges. AfricanMecca only recommends Mihingo Lodge that affords a mid-range Deluxe Tier 2 Safari rating. It offers a tented lodge experience with diverse activities.
Read More +
BEST TIME TO VISIT LAKE MBURO
Like most locations in Africa, Lake Mburo National Park has two wet rainy seasons and two dry seasons. December to February, June to August are the best times to visit Lake Mburo Park in Uganda.
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
AfricanMecca Safaris created a remarkable honeymoon tailored to our interests and desires. The quality of service and delivery of experience was unsurpassed. I highly recommend AfricanMecca Safaris to honeymooners, families, or any traveler.
Noorin & Jason Nelson - Maryland, United States
I booked my safari holiday through AfricanMecca. They were the most helpful company I have ever dealt with and I work within the travel industry. I had the most amazing time. The holiday went as clockwork with no hitches anywhere.
Shelley Roberts - Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you.
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
We have returned from our African adventure and would like to thank you very much for your part in making this such a wonderful experience. We were lucky enough to time the Great Migration from the Serengeti, which was amazing.
Denise Paterson - Belmont, Australia
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR LAKE MBURO IN UGANDA
When visiting Lake Mburo for your wildlife safari, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Semliki or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO LAKE MBURO IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance For Your Travels In Lake Mburo ? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON LAKE MBURO NATIONAL PARK
LAKE MBURO CAMPS & LODGES
EXPLORE MORE ON LAKE MBURO NATIONAL PARK IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED LAKE MBURO FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE LAKE MBURO REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +