GUIDE ON MIHINGO LODGE IN UGANDA
Mihingo Lodge Overview & Where Is It Located?Located alongside Lake Mburo National Park in southwest Uganda, Mihingo Lodge is a labor of love for its family owners. Offering mid-range vacation accommodations, the lodge is perched atop a massive kopje and was lovingly built to blend into its natural surroundings. During your stay in this rustic deluxe lodge, you will be charmed by the story of its construction, which includes exposed rock surfaces, wood fashioned using limbs from dead olive wood trees, and plaster mixed with natural pigments to reflect the lodge’s earthy surroundings. Local craftsmen built the entire lodge by hand, cutting steps into the rock and adorning the rooms with kikoy fabrics from the beaches and islands of Kenya, furniture, and artifacts sourced from various corners of Uganda.
Even the toast baskets, table mats, and soap are handmade in the country! Given that there is no groundwater resource in the Lake Mburo National Park environs, rainwater is harvested and stored for use by guests. Over 100 solar panels generate power room lights, fridges and freezers in the kitchen to heat water for showers and to run the pump that fills the infinity pool.
- Perched atop a massive kopje providing fabulous panoramas of the sprawling wilderness
- Built entirely out of sustainable materials incorporating the natural landscape into the structure
- All furniture, decorative items, and daily-use objects crafted by hand by local artisans
- 100+ solar panels for generating power for lighting and showering the rooms, kitchen fridge-freezers, and filling the pool
- Infinity pool for enjoying cooling dips or sunbathing in loungers, provision for getting massages in your room
What To Expect At Mihingo Lodge Accommodation?
- Deluxe Safari Tier 2 Experience. Total of 12 rooms each with a unique, enchanting name
- Private deck overlooking the savannah and watering hole where animals come to drink
- Rooms built out of canvas and surrounding rock lending a lovely rustic appeal
- Natural lighting and cooling thanks to the mesh panels in the canvas walls
- Ensuite bathroom also built into the rock offering outdoor private views as you shower
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Mihingo Lodge On Lake Mburo Safari?
- Watching wildlife from the deck as they visit the watering hole and salt lick
- Game drives in the morning and late evening to view the various species of wildlife
- Night game drives to spot nocturnal creatures that come out to hunt and feed
- Boat trips on the lakes to view aquatic birds and resident hippos and crocodiles
- Cultural interactions by visiting the authentic villages of the tribes that live close to the reserve
Other activities beckoning to guests include horseback safaris, biking, wild running and boat trips on the lakes, which provide an opportunity to spot aquatic bird life, hippos, and crocodiles. Consider going on a bush walk, taking a fishing expedition, or enjoying a Uganda cultural tour to a village to interact with the local Banyankole Bahima tribe that lives close to the park.
How Is The Dining At Mihingo Lodge?
- Dining area housed in the main lounge adorned with rustic wooden furniture
- Bar in the lounge area for ordering drinks best enjoyed with vistas of Lake Kacheera
- In-house chef cooks delicious meals
- Choice of dining options at different spots on the kopjes to enjoy the gentle breezes
- Sightings of small animals as you eat
What We Like About Mihingo Lodge
- Small lodge close to Lake Mburo National Park, with just 12 tented rooms for a quiet, personalized vacation with a variety of safari activities.
- Built entirely with locally-sourced natural materials crafted by hand by local artisans; the result is a rustic deluxe lodge that blends in with the surroundings.
- Eco-friendly operations, with solar panels to power electricity for the rooms, kitchen fridge-freezers, pump for infinity pool and heat shower water; water supply sourced from rainwater harvesting tanks.
- Beautiful rimless rock pool and spa facilities.
- Family-friendly camp with special bush courses for kids.
Things To Note When Staying At Mihingo Lodge
- Prices are on the higher end for a mid-range deluxe accommodation as there are no other similar alternatives at Lake Mburo.
- Not suitable for physically challenged guests who cannot navigate the rough stone stairways.
- Room views are variable; some face the forest and others overlook the watering hole, or other sections of Lake Mburo National Park.
- Located in a more remote section of the park that is best accessed during the day.
- Not suitable for discerning bespoke travelers looking for exceptional luxurious living conditions, and ultra high-end services.
Mihingo Lodge Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Mihingo Lodge Is A Deluxe Tier 2 Safari Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Mihingo Lodge In Lake Mburo, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY LAKE MBURO
Read More +
SAFARI & TOUR IN LAKE MBURO PARK
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR MIHINGO LODGE IN LAKE MBURO UGANDA
When staying at Mihingo Lodge in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Semliki or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO LAKE MBURO IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Mihingo Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON MIHINGO LODGE
LAKE MBURO CAMPS & LODGES
EXPLORE MORE ON LAKE MBURO NATIONAL PARK IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED LAKE MBURO FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE MIHINGO LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +