GUIDE ON PARAA SAFARI LODGE IN UGANDA
Paraa Safari Lodge Overview & Where Is It Located?Paraa Safari Lodge was built in 1954 and lies on the scenic north bank of the Victoria Nile in the heart of Murchison Falls National Park. This two-story, thatch-roofed economy vacation accommodation sits close to Paraa Ferry point, the main river crossing. And long with well-landscaped grounds, it offers budget guests stunning views of the magnificent river in all its glory. Paraa Safari Lodge has a modest country-lodge decor that blends comfort with an old-world charm. Enjoy the ambiance of the lounge, which has a fireplace to keep it warm during the cool evenings.
The lodge has a free-form swimming pool, along with a separate wading section for kids to splash around in. Loungers and umbrellas are set up around the pool and provide comfortable spots to relax in between excursions in Murchison Falls Park.
- Located on the scenic Victoria Nile on the northern bank
- Well-landscaped property with verdant gardens and lovely views of the river
- Old-world ambiance with a country-lodge decor that blends elements of the colonial era
- Lounge with a fireplace for spending evenings in conversation with fellow travelers
- Swimming pool with loungers and wading pool, and spa for getting massages
What To Expect At Paraa Safari Lodge Accommodation?
- Value Safari Tier 3 Experience. Total of 57 rooms and suites in 5 categories
- Two-story structures with a balcony or patio housing Standard Rooms and Suites
- Queen’s Cottage with two bedrooms and a separate living/dining area for families with children
- Safari Tented Rooms for riverview bush camping experience
- Ensuite bathroom with a shower area and single or twin vanities
Families on safari looking for a bit more space can opt for the larger Queen’s Cottage, which has two bedrooms and a separate living/dining area. Tourists looking to combine a safari experience in Uganda with a flair of canvas authenticity for their time in Murchison Falls can choose one of the Safari Tents with a closer view of the Victoria Nile River.
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Paraa Safari Lodge On Murchison Falls Safari?
- Cruising on the Victoria Nile river to see the spellbinding Murchison Falls gushing out of a narrow cleft
- Watching various predators and herbivores coming to the river to drink
- Birdwatching to view some of the 451 species of birds that thrive in the reserve
- Chimpanzees primate trekking safari in the Kaniyo Pabidi area of the Budongo Forest
- Option of experiencing river fishing, delta boat rides towards Lake Albert and sunrise-sunset balloon tour
Your AfricanMecca assigned safari guide will help you spot wildlife on the outskirts of the bank and when it comes to the water edge to drink. Among the predators are lions and leopards, while large numbers of herbivores will fascinate you with their beauty. Elegant, giraffes, Jackson’s hartebeest, warthogs, buffaloes, oribi, waterbucks, and various others roam the grassy plains. For primate sightings, you must visit the Kaniyo Pabidi area of the Budongo Forest , home to over 600 to 800 chimpanzees and species such as olive baboons and black and white colobus monkeys. Visit the local communities to interact with the native tribes, or perhaps go on a tag and release fishing trip to catch the famous Nile Perch. Other activities include balloon safari, boat tour out towards the Victoria Nile Delta near Lake Albert in search of elusive Shoebill storks (best time to visit Murchison Falls).
How Is The Dining At Paraa Safari Lodge?
- Captain’s Table Restaurant on the top floor
- Selection of traditional Ugandan and international cuisines served buffet-style with BBQ weekends
- Balcony dining overlooking the river
- A good choice of vegetarian meals and wood fires pizzas
- Explorer’s Bar in the main lodge and poolside Bar for ordering drinks
What We Like About Paraa Safari Lodge
- Easily accessible to/from Paraa, the northern hub that serves as a central base for your game drives and boat rides in Murchison Falls Park.
- Has a swimming pool with a wading section for kids to play under the supervision of guardians.
- Offers breathtaking views of the Victoria Nile across the landscaped gardens and pool.
- Serves good Indian cuisine, traditional Uganda dishes, tasty BBQ weekends and wood-fired pizzas.
- 4 rooming categories available to choose from. Offers rooms and suites with interconnecting doors and a cottage for families traveling with kids.
Things To Note When Staying At Paraa Safari Lodge
- Has a conference room and may become noisy when corporate events are in progress and when the lodge is busier.
- Mid-sized safari holiday accommodation with 57 rooms. Not suitable for guests looking for a smaller setting, quiet and personalized safari experience in Murchison Falls Park.
- A very old lodge built in 1954. There is need of complete refurbishment to keep up with high modern standards.
- Has wildlife like hippos roaming the grounds at night; guests may want to be careful.
- Service levels, amenities, and facilities standards are not consistent and variable at times. Not ideal for safari guests seeking deluxe or luxury levels of experiences in Africa.
Paraa Safari Lodge Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Paraa Safari Lodge Is A Value Tier 3 Safari Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Paraa Safari Lodge In Murchison Falls, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY MURCHISON FALLS
Read More +
MURCHISON FALLS SAFARI ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR PARAA SAFARI LODGE IN MURCHISON FALLS UGANDA
When staying at Paraa Safari Lodge in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth, and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO MURCHISON FALLS IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Paraa Safari Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON PARAA SAFARI LODGE
EXPLORE MORE ON MURCHISON FALLS NATIONAL PARK IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED MURCHISON FALLS FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE PARAA SAFARI LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +