What We Like About Murchison River Lodge
- The lodge employs staff from local communities, and operates on eco-friendly principles, with solar power for lighting, fridges and freezers, water pumps, charging stations and heating water for showers.
- Has a lovely location beside the Victoria Nile, offering scenic river views of the hippo pods of Murchison Falls National Park.
- Has a shaded rock-lined swimming pool for lazy dips in the sun.
- Ideal for families on safari and traveling with kids; has a separate wading pool, offers cots and cribs for young kids, children’s menu, along with complimentary popcorn served beside the pool.
- Offers cottages and tents in various specifications, suitable for guests on a low budget.
Things To Note When Staying At Murchison River Lodge
- Only accessible by road with your own safari guide and 4x4 vehicle from Kampala. The lodge does not offer game drive activities with a local guide who resides at the lodge.
- The lodge also attracts backpacking enthusiasts, and allows those camping with their own tent to also use the higher priced lodge facilities including the pool, bar area and sitting areas at no extra cost.
- The lodge is not suitable for discerning, deluxe or luxury guests looking for frill accommodation with comforts.
- The southern bank location of the lodge means it is close to villages. On some nights, expect noise including music from surrounding community villages and during festive events. Also, the southern area is not ideal for wildlife viewing due to the close proximity to villages. To get to the north, you need to use the Paraa ferry each day at designated times to cross over. Expect delays and ferry traffic at peak times.
- Thatched cottages and thatched tents have variable views, with most located at the back of the property, away from the river. Expect cold showers during overcast and rainy days as water is heated via solar only.
Murchison River Lodge Guest Reviews On TripAdvisor - Located In Murchison Falls, Uganda
Write A Review On Murchison River Lodge In Murchison Falls, Uganda
HAVE YOU VISITED MURCHISON FALLS FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE MURCHISON RIVER LODGE REVIEW
2. Reviews For Murchison River Lodge
3. Murchison River Lodge Map
4. Photos For Murchison River Lodge
5. Video For Murchison River Lodge
6. Booking Itinerary Idea For Murchison Falls
2. Trip Review For Murchison Falls Park
3. Where To Stay In Murchison Falls
4. Murchison Falls Safari Activities & Tour Attractions
5. Best Time & Weather To Visit Murchison Falls
6. Uganda Safari Prices & Gorilla - Chimpanzee Trekking
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EXPLORE MORE ON MURCHISON FALLS NATIONAL PARK IN UGANDA
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO MURCHISON FALLS IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Murchison River Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary Correctly
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.CONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON MURCHISON RIVER LODGE
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +