GUIDE ON CHOBE SAFARI LODGE IN UGANDA
Chobe Safari Lodge Overview & Where Is It Located?Standing beside the sparkling waters of the White Nile in the remote eastern sector of the Murchison Falls National Park is the Chobe Safari Lodge. This sprawling property combines all the facilities and amenities that hotel-seeking tourists expect from a city hotel except that this property is located in a park. The lodge is a value property offering stunning vistas of the river, with its pods of hippos and basking crocodiles.
The lounge features a warm ambiance, including hardwood floors, stone-detailed pillars, and leather sofas. Small curios and hand-carved knickknacks add an artistic touch to the decor. You can enjoy views of the river while relaxing beside the three-tiered swimming pool, which has a separate wading pool for kids. The resort also has a fitness center and spa, where safari travelers can get relaxing massages to ease sore muscles.
- Located on the remote eastern banks of the picturesque White Nile in the Murchison Falls National Park
- Frequent sightings of wildlife like hippos and crocodiles in the river
- Three-tiered swimming pool with a wading pool where kids can play
- Fitness center for working out and Chobe Health Club & Spa for getting relaxing massages
- Decks for spending time beside the river and reveling in the wild ambiance
What To Expect At Chobe Safari Lodge Accommodation?
- Value Safari Tier 3 Experience. Total of 62 rooms in different specifications
- Choice of units such as Standard Rooms and Suites including the Nile Suite located in three-story blocks. Suites have a separate lounge area
- Tented rooms such as Standard, Deluxe Tents, and Super Deluxe Tents for an authentic canvas safari stay
- Presidential Cottage is set in a unique lagoon section of the property for deluxe-seeking couples desiring seclusion and attentive service, albeit from a mass tourism property
- All the rooms have ceiling fans while the Super Deluxe Tents and Presidential Cottage also have climate controlled air-conditioning
Families on safari in Uganda looking for complete privacy for their stay in Murchison Falls National Park can opt for the more exclusive Presidential Cottage, located on a distinct section of the property i.e. a lagoon area with hippos and other fauna. You will have a butler caring for your needs and assisting you. All of the rooms, suites, tents and cottages have ensuite bathrooms with single or twin vanities and a shower stall and/or bathtub.
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Chobe Safari Lodge On Murchison Falls Safari?
- Launch rides to the foot of the iconic Murchison Falls as the water gushes into Devil’s Cauldron
- Watching different species of wildlife drinking at the water’s edge
- Game drives in Murchison Falls Park to view some of the 451 kinds of birds and various mammals
- Primate tracking in Budongo Forest
- Visiting the local communities for an introduction to their traditional living styles and activities
As you cruise the river, you will be able to spot many of the species present here coming to the banks to drink. Murchison Falls Park is also a famous birding destination and boasts of hosting 451 species of birds, many of them rare or endemic to the area. With the assistance of your consultant at AfricanMecca Safaris in planning your vacation trip itinerary, you can see chimpanzees and other primates of the Budongo Forest, and visit the local communities for an introduction to traditional lifestyles in the region. These activities are primarily recommended when you are staying for more than 3 days in the park.
How Is The Dining At Chobe Safari Lodge?
- Karama Restaurant serving all meals
- Indoor and terrace dining options, meals served on the deck beside the river
- Karuma Bar for ordering a variety of alcoholic beverages, Rapids Bar for poolside drinks
- Provision for having a bush breakfast after the morning game drive
- Choice of authentic Ugandan and international dishes available
Pros & Cons At Chobe Safari Lodge In Murchison Falls
What We Like About Chobe Safari Lodge
- Sprawling property beside the White Nile offering breathtaking vistas of sunsets over the river in Murchison Falls National Park.
- Has a three-tiered swimming pool with a wading pool for kids traveling with their families, along with a fitness center and spa.
- Offers rooms, suites, tents and cottages in various specifications to meet the requirements of every kind of budget-seeking guest.
- Part of the Marasa chain of hotels in East Africa; offers all the facilities and amenities typical of their value standards.
- Offers affordable hotel rooming options and facilities amidst the serene riverside wilderness. Secluded location.
Things To Note When Staying At Chobe Safari Lodge
- Large property with 62 different rooming options, not suitable for the discerning or luxury vacationer looking for a tranquil, personalized safari experience with fewer in-house guests. Though, it is popular accommodation for Ugandans and local residents especially on the weekends and holidays.
- Has conference rooms and venues for events and can become noisy when many guests are staying.
- Located 2 - 3 hours drive from the park’s main gate when coming via Paraa; guests may have to backtrack and travel up longer distances to access the prime wildlife viewing regions.
- Not a 5 star property as branded by the lodge. Service and quality can be variable at times - expected from a Value Tier 3 Safari accommodation.
- Offers a good gym and spa facilities - ideal for guests seeking a holistic wellness retreat rather than an authentic safari accommodation.
Chobe Safari Lodge Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Chobe Safari Lodge Is A Value Tier 3 Safari Accommodation
Learn More On AfricanMecca Safari Tier Ratings & Experiences
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Chobe Safari Lodge In Murchison Falls, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY MURCHISON FALLS
Confused and overwhelmed? Read more on where to stay in Murchison Falls based on Safari Tier Rating
Read More +
MURCHISON FALLS SAFARI ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Curious about Murchison Falls? Read more on safari experiences, tour activities, what to do and more
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
How to plan your safari in Uganda? Trip ideas for private, luxury custom, honeymoon and family AfricanMecca tours
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR CHOBE SAFARI LODGE IN MURCHISON FALLS UGANDA
When staying at Chobe Safari Lodge in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth, and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.
1. How To Plan Uganda Safari Trips? (Summary)
2. Wildlife Safari Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
3. Private & Tailor-Made Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
4. Honeymoon Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
5. Family Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
6. Luxury Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
7. Photo Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
8. Cultural Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
9. Gorilla, Chimpanzee & Primate Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
10. Hike, Trek & Bush Walk Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
11. Birding Safaris Trip Planning Guide For Uganda
12. Wedding Safaris Trip Planning Guide For UgandaREAD MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO MURCHISON FALLS IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Chobe Safari Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON CHOBE SAFARI LODGE
EXPLORE MORE ON MURCHISON FALLS NATIONAL PARK IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED MURCHISON FALLS FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE CHOBE SAFARI LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Baggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In AfricaBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Masai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya With AfricanMeccaMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca Safaris
Times Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet UpTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +