GUIDE ON BAKER'S LODGE IN UGANDA
Latest Update: Baker's Lodge is currently closed due to river flooding. The lodge will need to be rebuilt once the river water recedes. We recommend Nile Safari Lodge as a Premier Tier 1 accommodation replacement. There are no other alternatives in the Premier Tier 1 range.
Baker's Lodge Overview & Where Is It Located?Baker’s Lodge offers a luxury safari accommodation at a site on the southern bank of the Victoria Nile in Murchison Falls National Park. It takes its name from Samuel Baker, the famous English explorer. Offering sweeping views of the river, with its family of resident hippos and visiting birdlife, the lodge is set on lush, green, landscaped grounds. The lounge is open-sided, with a thatched roof, and is set on a wooden platform on a series of short pillars. Relax on one of the sofas and enjoy the tranquil ambience, or sit on the open deck outside. Have a nap if you like, beside the rock-lined swimming pool in which you can enjoy a soothing dip.
- Standing on the south bank of the iconic Victoria Nile in the Murchison Falls National Park
- Comprises of a series of structures built on raised wooden platforms perched on pillars
- Fabulous views of the beautiful river and the many wildlife species that come to drink
- Open decks for relaxing and taking in the lovely weather and natural beauty
- Rock-lined swimming pool for taking soothing dips
What To Expect At Baker's Lodge Accommodation?
- Luxury Safari Tier 1 Experience. Total of 10 cottages overlooking the river
- Mesh panels allowing in the views and gentle breezes from the river
- Solar panels for generating power for lighting the rooms and heating water for showers
- Thatched roof sheltering canvas tents with wooden furniture for the authentic safari feel
- Ensuite bathroom with a stone-lined shower stall and twin vanities
Area rugs on the wooden floors and additional furnishings such as a desk and chair and a wooden chest for unpacking help to make each room cozy. Ceiling fans keep the cottages well ventilated, and the ensuite bathroom is equipped with twin vanities and a stone-lined shower stall. Tour vacationers in Uganda (reasons to visit) staying at Baker’s also enjoy a private deck with a seating arrangement.
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Baker's Lodge On Murchison Falls Safari?
- Sightings of various species of wildlife frequently roaming the lodge grounds
- Game drives to view some of the 76 varieties of mammals and 451 kinds of avian life of the reserve
- Cruises on the river to the foot of the Murchison Falls to see the waters pouring into Devil’s Cauldron
- Fishing expeditions to try to snag the famous Nile perch
- Hiking to the top of the falls to view the permanent rainbow floating in the warm sunshine
The highlight of your trip to Murchison Falls National Park with AfricanMecca will probably be a boat ride with a close up view falls, where the mighty river, having passed through 80 kilometers (50 miles) of rapids, is forced through a narrow, 7-meter (23 feet) gap to plunge into the gorge, then is transformed into a placid stream that travels west towards Lake Albert through the delta of papyrus reeds. In addition to viewing the wildlife coming to the banks of the river to drink, you can also enjoy fishing for the famous Nile perch. Take a hiking trip to the top of the falls, and you’ll be able to view the breathtaking beauty of the rainbow that floats permanently over Devil’s Cauldron.
How Is The Dining At Baker's Lodge?
- Dining area and bar located within the lounge area
- Option of having meals indoors or alfresco on the patio outside
- Selection of Ugandan and international cuisines including vegetarian preparations
- Multi-course meals available accompanied by a variety of fine wines
- Orders for drinks and cocktails taken at the bar and served with light snacks
What We Like About Baker's Lodge
- Best accessible by air; a small, intimate accommodation with just 10 cottages, providing a personalized and luxury safari vacation with few other guests. Staff are ultra-caring.
- Has a beautiful and strategic location beside the Victoria Nile in Murchison Falls National Park, and offers a boat excursion to the Lake Albert - Nile Delta to spot the rare shoebill stork and other avian life.
- Eco-friendly establishment that uses solar power for heating water and lighting.
- Has a swimming pool where guests can take cool-off dips with views of the river.
- Offers the facilities of a private jetty and exclusive-use boats so guests can tour the river without a horde of other guests or traveling to Paraa. Guests can also experience chimpanzee trekking at Budongo Forest.
Things To Note When Staying At Baker's Lodge
- Prices are on the higher end because of the lack of serious competition from other lodges.
- Guests need to be vigilant of the hippos roaming the lodge grounds at all times, though the staff can escort you safely to your cottage. Also, be aware of the camouflage crocodiles basking by the bank.
- House drinks and laundry are also included in your rooming prices. Premium and non-house drinks are extra.
- Has just 10 rooms, so guests looking to stay at the lodge book their rooms well in advance i.e. 12 to 18 months prior to arrival during the peak season.
- Don't be surprised by the geckos present in your room. They eat up the insects. Wi-Fi connection speeds are on the lower end due to its remoteness. No power sockets in the room for charging - you can charge your batteries in the main lodge area.
Baker's Lodge Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Baker's Lodge Is A Premier Tier 1 Safari Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Baker's Lodge In Murchison Falls, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY MURCHISON FALLS
Read More +
SAFARI & TOUR IN MURCHISON FALLS PARK
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR BAKER'S LODGE IN MURCHISON FALLS UGANDA
When staying at Baker's Lodge in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth, and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO MURCHISON FALLS IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Baker's Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON BAKER'S LODGE
EXPLORE MORE ON MURCHISON FALLS NATIONAL PARK IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED MURCHISON FALLS FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE BAKER'S LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +