GUIDE ON APOKA SAFARI LODGE IN UGANDA
Apoka Safari Lodge Overview & Where Is It Located?Kidepo Valley National Park is a pristine wilderness cradled within a depression between the Morungole Mountains on the east and Napore Mountains on the west. Perched atop a kopje in the valley, offering spectacular views for miles around, is the Apoka Safari Lodge. A rustic luxury safari holiday accommodation, the lodge is a series of structures made from rough-hewn wood and canvas erected on stilts, with a thick thatched roof supported on a framework of bamboo.
Spend time in the lounge or on the viewing platform watching wildlife drink from various watering holes. Some of the more curious kongoni antelopes of Kidepo Park might climb the kopje for a closer look at the tourists, while the resident family of side-striped jackals and buffaloes roams around. You can also watch the wildlife activity at the watering hole from the swimming pool that was carved out of the rock.
- Standing on a kopje offering spellbinding views of the surrounding wilderness
- Comprising of a series of wood, canvas, and thatched roof structures for a rustic ambiance
- Lounge and viewing platform overlooking watering holes frequented by wildlife coming to drink
- Swimming pool carved out of the rock for taking dips and napping in loungers
- Sightings of resident kongoni, buffaloes and jackals roaming the lodge environs
What To Expect At Apoka Safari Lodge Accommodation?
- Premier Safari Tier 1 Experience. Total of 10 thatched cottages with rough-hewn furniture, affording a rustic feel
- Choice of rooms with a large double bed or twin singles which are spacious enough for 2 extra beds
- Ensuite bathroom featuring rock-lined shower stall, bathrobes, single or twin vanities, and outdoor bathtub on the patio
- Private verandah for relaxing and reveling in the marvelous views
- Solar panels used to heat water for showers and lower carbon footprint
For a relaxing soak, step out on the patio to the alfresco natural stone bath. Or, take a siesta on the verandah outside. Enjoy views of the savannah of Kidepo Valley National Park (best time to go) and its denizens, and listen to the songs of some of the 475 bird species that live here. You will be pleased to know that the lodge operates on eco-friendly principles, warming your bathwater with solar heaters.
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Apoka Safari Lodge On Kidepo Valley Safari?
- Game drives in the reserve to spot lions napping on the kopjes and herbivores munching on grasses
- Nature walks to view the smaller denizens of the wild including small animals, birds, insects, reptiles, and other creatures
- Traveling to explore the Kanangorok Hot Springs across the Kidepo Sand River
- Visiting the local Karamoja community and participating in their regular activities
- Spending time at the lodge enjoying the fabulous views of the golden and green plains dotted with trees abounding with wildlife
Look out for the birds that adorn the stark landscape with their brilliant hues. If you are lucky, you may spot cheetahs, and it is the only park in Uganda that has them. You can also go on walking safaris in Kidepo, for an introduction to the smaller creatures of the bush, including insects, amphibians, and reptiles. Or, travel to the Kanangorok Hot Springs across the Kidepo Sand River. A cultural visit to the Karamoja community will be another memorable activity during your trip in Uganda.
How Is The Dining At Apoka Safari Lodge?
- Dining area located within the lounge area
- Delicious meals cooked and served by the in-house chef, orders accepted for unique dietary preferences
- Selection of traditional Ugandan and global dishes along with vegetarian and barbecued preparations
- Small bar area for ordering alcoholic drinks and other beverages
- Enjoy meals while watching animals grazing on the abundant grasses and drinking from the watering holes
What We Like About Apoka Safari Lodge
- Small safari vacation accommodation offering just 10 rooms, allowing for a personalized safari experience with few other guests.
- Located inside the park. Has a swimming pool. Offers excellent services and delicious meals.
- Has a rustic ambiance, with spectacular views of the savannah, completely in keeping with the safari setting. The nearby waterhole attracts traversing wildlife.
- Rooms stand on stilts off the ground, but the staff assists physically disabled guests to make their stay comfortable and enjoyable.
- Eco-friendly lodge uses a combination of generator and solar panels for power for lighting and charging electronics; also recycles much of its waste.
Things To Note When Staying At Apoka Safari Lodge
- Prices are on the higher end of the spectrum as there are no alternative or comparable luxury or deluxe lodges in Kidepo.
- Does not have facilities such as a fitness center or spa. Internet access is limited at the lodge.
- Due to its remoteness, power supply is limited, and guests may have to make do with a single outlet in the cabins.
- Not young family-friendly; kids younger than 5 years are not permitted.
- It is a 12 hours drive or 2 hours flight to get to Kidepo from Kampala. For your stay at Apoka, we recommend you fly to the park.
Apoka Safari Lodge Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Apoka Safari Lodge Is A Premier Tier 1 Safari Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Apoka Safari Lodge In Kidepo Valley, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY KIDEPO VALLEY
Read More +
KIDEPO SAFARI ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR APOKA SAFARI LODGE IN KIDEPO VALLEY UGANDA
When staying at Apoka Safari Lodge in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Semliki or Lake Mburo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO KIDEPO VALLEY IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Apoka Safari Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON APOKA SAFARI LODGE
KIDEPO VALLEY CAMPS & LODGES
EXPLORE MORE ON KIDEPO VALLEY IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED KIDEPO VALLEY FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE APOKA SAFARI LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +