WILDERNESS EXPERIENCES IN THE NORTHERN FRONTIER WITH AFRICANMECCA
1. Namunyak Wildlife Conservancy - For AfricanMecca safari adventurers who desire game viewing in some of the most remote bush with a true sense of isolation, the Namunyak Conservancy is an authentic East African wildlife, cultural and scenic tour wilderness.
2. Matthews Mountain Range - Situated in the greater Laikipia wilderness of the Rift Valley is the 150 kilometer long Matthews Mountain Range (aka Lenkiyio Hills). Approximately 900 square kilometers of the forest range is a “biological bonanza on a sky island” as promulgated by the BBC.
3. Sibiloi National Park - Sibiloi shares the waters of Lake Turkana and covers 606 square miles of breathtaking scenery. The establishment of the park is partially credited to the National Museums of Kenya to preserve the lake shore, its archeological sites as well as portions of the desert bush country.
4. Lake Turkana - Kenya’s Northern Frontier is home to the world’s largest desert lake – the 7 million-hectare Turkana. The international significance of archaeological and paleoanthropological discoveries is why Lake Turkana and its surrounding parks are designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
5. Koobi Fora - North of Lake Turkana’s Allia Bay is Koobi Fora, an area that is known for the preservation of some of the world’s most important archaeological and paleoanthropological evidence of the earliest forms of man, animals and plant life, as well as ancient artifacts.
6. Chalbi Desert - East of the remote Lake Turkana is the Chalbi Desert, a 100,000 square kilometer area (38,610 square miles) that is aptly named in the native language of the Gabra people as “salty and bare.” When you journey into Chalbi Desert, prepare yourself for an eerie landscape.
7. Suguta Valley - With searing temperatures as high as 50 C (122 F), Suguta Valley is best described as an unforgiving landscape. Tales of cattle rustlers combined with the stark and desolate terrain are why Suguta Valley is also known as the “Valley of Death.”
Read More +
WHERE TO STAY IN NORTHERN FRONTIER
The Northern Frontier has varied wildernesses, each with a distinct accommodation. In Lake Turkana, we recommend Lobolo Camp. Namunyak only has two camps: Sarara and Kitch. Desert Rose is sited on Mount Oldonyo Nyiru.
Read More +
SAFARI & TOUR IN NORTHERN FRONTIER
There are several activities on offer in the Northern Frontier depending on where you are staying e.g. game drives, bush walks, cultural visits, desert explorations, archaeological tours, camel rides, fishing and many more.
Read More +
BEST TIME TO VISIT NORTHERN FRONTIER
The climate in the Northern Frontier is less similar to other locations that you may visit during your Kenya wilderness safari. Daytime temperatures remain high throughout the year. Annual precipitation is low in comparison.
Read More +
GUIDE ON NORTHERN FRONTIER
The Northern Frontier is a vast, pristine wilderness expanse in northern Kenya. The landscape, flora, fauna, archaeological sites and small villages contribute to an unsurpassed, authentic vacation in the wildest of Africa.
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
Jambo Altaf, We had a once-in-a-lifetime experience in Kenya. The two camps you had chosen for us to stay in -- Il Ngwesi Lodge in Laikipia and Basecamp Maasai Mara -- were exemplary in how they were built...
Almut Spalding, Ph.D - Assoc. Professor of Modern Languages - Illinois College, United States
Dear Raza, Just a note to let you know that my daughter and I had a wonderful time in Kenya. I fell in love with your beautiful country & people. Our safari at Lewa Conservancy was everything we expected and more.
Patricia Young - Universal Music Group - California, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
We had the most unbelievable African Safari experience imaginable. Our first stay at Wilderness Trails in Lewa was a big surprise. We were able to see all the Big Five up close. Thank you for a superb experience.
Gary & Helen Bartel - Sacramento - California, United States
Dear Raza...We had a fantastic time at Wilderness Trails and Borana. And you and your organization provided top quality service. You were completely correct about all your recommendations. Thank you.
Deanne LaRue - California, United States
Jambo Altaf and Raza! We are back on earth now after our fabulous honeymoon. This is to say THANK YOU so much for organising a week in Kenya that we will never forget.....!
Dr Krina Zondervan, Oxford University - United Kingdom
Dear Raza, The accommodations you recommended were superb. We loved them all -- Giraffe Manor, Wilderness Trails, Governor's Il Moran, Ngorongoro Crater Lodge and Mnemba Island Lodge.
Pat Bernard, Vice President, Global Channel Sales, Novell Corp - New Hampshire United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR NORTHERN FRONTIER IN KENYA
When visiting Northern Frontier, we recommend combining your safari to Masai Mara for the wildebeest migration, Amboseli, Samburu or Laikipia - Lewa, Nakuru and Naivasha - Great Rift Valley Lakes. You can also day trek or climb the 2nd highest mountain in Africa - Mount Kenya.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas of Meru, Chyulu Hills or Tsavo East - Tsavo West ending with a beach vacation and Swahili cultural tour in the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
NORTHERN FRONTIER SAFARI & TOUR PLANNING DETAILS
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO NORTHERN FRONTIER IN KENYA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance For Your Travels In Northern Frontier ? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON NORTHERN FRONTIER
NORTHERN FRONTIER CAMPS & LODGES
EXPLORE MORE ON NORTHERN FRONTIER IN KENYA
HAVE YOU VISITED NORTHERN FRONTIER FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN KENYA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE NORTHERN FRONTIER REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +