AUTHENTIC SAFARIS & PERSONALIZED TOURS IN SEMLIKI WITH AFRICANMECCA
What Safari Attractions & Tour Activities To Experience During Your Semliki Visit?Semliki Wildlife Reserve is a beautiful, low-lying reserve cradled in a lush valley of rolling savannah grasslands and acacia-combretum forests with bordering rivers such as Wasa and Muzizi . This is truly a unique and private wildlife haven. Tourists visiting this Eden in the west of Uganda on vacation often rave about the tranquility and relaxing sense of isolation they experience during their safari activities at Semliki (best time to go).
- Diversity of habitats that hosts distinct wildlife. Sighting primates, grazers, predators and birds from close quarters within the private reserve
- Birdwatching and boating excursions around Lake Albert
- Tracking the distinct forest and savannah chimpanzees of Semliki. Nature bush walks and hiking trail experiences exploring different landscapes.
As for predators, the park is known for its elusive leopards and nocturnal white-tailed mongooses. The park is a delightful sanctuary for birdwatchers, thanks to the gorgeous varieties of avian species that call Semliki Reserve home. As you will see on your trip, the reserve has a rich diversity of habitats despite its compact size. You will find vast grassy plains and woodlands with acacia-combretum trees standing on the north side of Lake Albert. Copses of Borassus palms, riverine valleys, and marshlands also adorn the reserve. Lake Albert lies close to the reserve and can be accessed for birdwatching and boating activities.
Watch Video On Semliki Safari Experiences
Our Top 5 Safari Activities In Semliki - Things You Can Do & See
Page Content - Start Here
1. Game Drives To View The Diverse Wildlife Of Semliki
- Three major trails that run through the sprawling grasslands including herbivores and predators
- Night game drives to spot the nocturnal denizens of the park including the rare white-tailed mongoose
- Sightings of 440 species of birds including the rare leaflove, found in the Mugiri River Forest
2. Primate & Chimpanzee Safaris In Semliki
- Primate walking tours lasting for 3 to 4 hours with the opportunity to see various other mammals
- Starting point near Semliki Safari Lodge which is the only recommended accommodation in the reserve
- Chimpanzee Research Project in progress which studies the behavior of chimps
3. Birdwatching - Lake Albert Boat Safaris Around Semliki
- Boat cruises on the eastern and southern edges of Lake Albert and Semliki River
- Photographing gorgeous colorful birds
- Spotting schools of hippos half-submerged in the water and statue like crocodiles
Below is a list of some of the birds of Semliki Wildlife Reserve
4. Cultural & Community Tours Near Semliki Reserve
- Visiting the Karugutu Community Conservation Association (KCCA)
- Conservation efforts supported through Music Dance and Drama (MDD)
- Opportunity to watch live performances and shop for handicrafts to support local artisans
5. Nature Walks, Hikes-Treks, Bush Walk Safaris In Semliki Reserve
- Excursions lasting around 3 hours following trails through forest, along the river, and savannah
- Opportunity to spot small animals, insects, and other creatures in the bush
- Sightings of some of the most beautiful birds of the reserve along with different primate species
Semliki Reserve Rating By AfricanMecca
Users (0 votes) 0
Write A Trip Review On Semliki In Uganda
Read More +
SEMLIKI WILDLIFE RESERVE GUIDE
Semliki Wildlife Reserve is a pristine ecology which is little-known and off the main tourist circuit lending tranquility. Breathe in the scents of the wild ecology while viewing denizens of the forest and savannah.
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY IN SEMLIKI
Semliki has limited quality camps and lodges. AfricanMecca only recommends Semliki Safari Lodge that affords a mid-range Deluxe Tier 2 Safari rating. It offers a tented lodge experience with various activities.
Read More +
BEST TIME TO VISIT SEMLIKI
Like most locations in Africa, Semliki Wildlife Reserve has two wet rainy seasons and two dry seasons. June to August and December to February are the best times to visit Semliki Reserve in Uganda.
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
AfricanMecca Safaris created a remarkable honeymoon tailored to our interests and desires. The quality of service and delivery of experience was unsurpassed. I highly recommend AfricanMecca Safaris to honeymooners, families, or any traveler.
Noorin & Jason Nelson - Maryland, United States
I booked my safari holiday through AfricanMecca. They were the most helpful company I have ever dealt with and I work within the travel industry. I had the most amazing time. The holiday went as clockwork with no hitches anywhere.
Shelley Roberts - Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you.
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
We have returned from our African adventure and would like to thank you very much for your part in making this such a wonderful experience. We were lucky enough to time the Great Migration from the Serengeti, which was amazing.
Denise Paterson - Belmont, Australia
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR SEMLIKI IN UGANDA
When visiting Semliki for your wildlife safari, we recommend combining it with Bwindi Park for your gorilla safari trek, Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO SEMLIKI IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance For Your Travels In Semliki ? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON SEMLIKI WILDLIFE RESERVE
SEMLIKI CAMPS & LODGES
EXPLORE MORE ON SEMLIKI WILDLIFE RESERVE IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED SEMLIKI FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE SEMLIKI REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +