GUIDE ON MOUNT GAHINGA LODGE IN UGANDA
Mount Gahinga Lodge Overview & Where Is It Located?In keeping with its name – gahinga translates into “a pile of lava stones” – Mount Gahinga Lodge is built with rock detailing that gives it a pleasing appearance. Located close to the main gate of Mgahinga Gorilla National Park, this mid-range safari vacation accommodation is set amid the lush greenery of beautifully landscaped gardens and offers breathtaking views. Spend time in its cozy lounge, which has a fireplace and windows all around. Wooden rafters hold up the thatched roof and add a rustic charm to the lodge, while hand-crafted curios, hardwood floors, area rugs, and gaily-printed cushions liven up the spaces. You can relax on the open verandah while reveling in the vistas of volcanic cones in Mgahinga Park. The lodge also has a spa, where massage facilities are made available to the guests.
- Built with rock detailing in keeping with its name “gahinga” meaning “pile of lava stones”
- Offers easy access to the main entrance of Mount Mgahinga National Park
- Located within lush, green tropical gardens with spellbinding views
- Spa for getting expert massages after trekking expeditions
- Rustic ambiance with a fireplace, wooden rafters, thatched roofs, and handmade curios
What To Expect At Mount Gahinga Lodge Accommodation?
- Deluxe Safari Tier 2 Experience. Total of 8 banda rooms including 2 deluxe banda rooms with a conical papyrus roof
- Choice of rooms with a double bed or twin single beds
- Personal butler assigned to each unit to take care of the needs of the guests
- Stone fireplace where a fire is built to keep the interiors warm and cozy
- Ensuite bathroom with bathrobes, hairdryers, and solar-heated water for showers provide with buckets
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Mount Gahinga Lodge On Mgahinga Safari?
- Trekking to see the only gorilla family of Mount Mgahinga, the Nyakagezi group
- Sightings of other beautiful primates like the blue monkey and golden monkey
- Interacting with the local Batwa people, traditionally known as “the keepers of the forest”
- Visiting the Garama Caves that have great historical significance for the Batwa
- Hiking around the extinct Gahinga, Sabinyo, Muhavura volcanoes, and Kisozi Caldera, and bird watching excursions
Mgahinga Gorilla Park also has other exciting tour activities that you can indulge in, including traveling to the Garama Caves, which have great historical significance for the Batwa. Go on hiking trails to explore the beauty of the extinct Gahinga, Sabinyo, and Muhavura volcanoes, or check out the Kisozi Caldera. You can also go on bird-watching excursions to look for some of the avian species that call the reserve home.
How Is The Dining At Mount Gahinga Lodge?
- Serves delicious meals to the accompaniment of fine wines and alcoholic drinks
- Dining area located within the main lounge
- Orders taken for specific dietary preferences like lactose-free dishes
- Selection of exciting global and traditional Ugandan preparations
- Indoor dining on long tables to interact with fellow travelers
What We Like About Mount Gahinga Lodge
- Located close to the main gate of Mgahinga Gorilla National Park, offering easy access to the trailhead for gorilla tracking excursions.
- With just 8 rooms, touring guests can enjoy a tranquil, personalized safari experience.
- Offers stunning views of the lush greenery and volcanoes of the reserve.
- Spa providing one complimentary massage per stay to ease sore muscles after gorilla-trekking trips.
- Eco-friendly establishment, with solar panels to generate power for lighting and heating shower water.
Things To Note When Staying At Mount Gahinga Lodge
- The owner of the lodge supports the indigenous Batwa tribe through Volcanoes Safaris Partnership Trust.
- Deluxe rustic establishment for discerning vacationers offering excellent value. Not a luxury lodge.
- Access road to the lodge is very bumpy, and navigation takes time and patience.
- The only proper tourist accommodation in Mgahinga, and the lack of competition may curb improvement of standards.
- Limited availability during peak season; guests should make bookings 12-18 months in advance. There is always a possibility of the resident gorilla family, Nyakagezi, traversing into the neighbouring countries i.e. Rwanda or Congo.
Mount Gahinga Lodge Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Mount Gahinga Lodge Is A Deluxe Tier 2 Safari Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Mount Gahinga Lodge In Mgahinga, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY MGAHINGA
Read More +
MGAHINGA SAFARI ACTIVITIES & TOUR ATTRACTIONS
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR MOUNT GAHINGA LODGE IN MGAHINGA UGANDA
When staying at Mount Gahinga Lodge during your gorilla trekking safari in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls, and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Bwindi to track down gorillas in a different park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO MGAHINGA IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Mount Gahinga Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON MOUNT GAHINGA LODGE
MGAHINGA CAMPS & LODGES
EXPLORE MORE ON MGAHINGA NATIONAL PARK IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED MGAHINGA FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE MOUNT GAHINGA LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +