GUIDE ON HOTEL VILLA PORTOFINO IN RWANDA
Accommodation & Tour Experience At Hotel Villa Portofino
Navigation Tip - Go Directly To Prices, Reviews, Map, Photos, Video & Room Rate Guide For Hotel Villa PortofinoThe tranquil locale of Kigali’s suburb Nyarutarama is possibly one of the best places to spend your urbanite vacation during your travels in Rwanda. You can enjoy the lovely vistas of the gently undulating green hills from your room at the Hotel Villa Portofino that welcomed its first guests in 2014. A deluxe accommodation for like-minded tourists and businesspersons, this hotel has all the necessary facilities you might need for a midsize hotel. Relax in the large, comfortable lounge or enjoy the weather while sprawled in daybeds beside the swimming pool. You can also go for a workout session at the hotel's fitness center. Avid golfers can step over to the next-door golf course for a few putting rounds. The Hotel Villa Portofino has 51 rooms in three different specifications such as Standard Rooms, Superior Rooms, and Suites, and is thus, well-matched for a distinct kind of traveler who opts out of large hotels and prefers a midrange property. Each of the rooms is equipped with air-conditioning, TV with many interesting channels, minibar and telephone with direct dialing service. The rooms have a small seating arrangement and a dresser that also serves as a writing desk. If you like, you can request a room that has a balcony that faces the pool. The Suites are expansive and come with separate living areas. Physically challenged guests will find that the rooms are accessible by lifts, which is a helpful positive for them.
You can have your breakfast in the hotel’s Coffee and Bar Lounge that serves a good range of snack options including breakfast. Lunch and dinner include a variety of wholesome meals served in the main restaurant. Choose from authentic Rwandan and global cuisine. The Pool Bar serves drinks and grilled dishes all through the day. Whether you are visiting Kigali for business or as a springboard for your safari trip to the diverse wildlife parks and reserves of Rwanda, you must take the time to explore its many attractions. The country has a rich cultural heritage, and its many art galleries proudly exhibit only some of the specimens. Visit the Dancing Pots where you can view the pottery making skills of the Batwa people and also take part in their dynamic dance forms. Make your way to the Caplaki Handicrafts Cooperation, which is a collection of stores that stock a lovely selection of crafts such as baskets, carved wooden items, intricate tribal masks and so much more. Your visits to the Ivuka Studio and Inema Arts Center will introduce you the paintings, music, painting and the superb budding creative talents of the young people of this fabulous country. The people of Rwanda have undertaken an arduous journey into the 21st century, and are working hard to erase the scars of the terrible civil strife and genocide of 1994. They have enshrined their dark history in memorials such as the Kigali Genocide Museum, Camp Kigali Belgian Monument, Nyamata Church and Ntarama Church that you must visit. On your East African holiday, you must also sightsee the home of Dr. Richard Kandt, a famous explorer. He is known as the discoverer of one of the sources of the Nile River and the founder of the metropolis. Kandt House now hosts the Natural History Museum where samples of country's flora and fauna are exhibited.
RELATED PAGES: (1) Kigali Guide, (2) Best Time & Weather To Visit Kigali, (3) Hotels In Kigali
What We Like About Hotel Villa Portofino
- The hotel is located in a tranquil locality, in the Nyarutarama suburb of Kigali away from the center of the city. If you are visiting for a peaceful holiday, this is the perfect choice of accommodation
- The rooms facing the swimming pool offer beautiful views of the lush landscape of the city across from it
- Most of the rooms have verandahs where you can sit and enjoy a hot cup of tea or coffee
- Guests staying at the hotel can enjoy playing golf in the Nyarutarama Golf Club next door
- Reasonable facilities e.g. gym and pool
Things To Note When Staying At Hotel Villa Portofino
- The hotel's location is in the city suburb of Nyarutarama, which is away from the main hub of the city of Kigali. Travelers to the town for business purposes might find it a little inconvenient because of the commuting involved
- The hotel hosts conferences and other events. During these occasions, the hotel could get noisy with many visitors staying over
- The hotel has 51 rooms so guests looking for a small, boutique ambiance might find it lacking especially as it serves the corporate clients
- The hotel serves meals out of its breakfast cafeteria and only restaurant so you might find that the variety is somewhat limited
- The hotel opened in 2014, and its service levels can be variable sometimes
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Hotel Villa Portofino In Kigali, Rwanda
Read More +
PLACES TO STAY IN KIGALI CITY
Read More +
KIGALI TOURS & ATTRACTIONS
Read More +
RWANDA GORILLA TREK SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you.
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
The safari trip was spectacular! Everything went off without a hitch. Thank you for a job well done! We loved the Masai Mara. The migration was awesome. The people were lovely and accommodating. A great place to start the safari experience.
Judi & Chaim Platt - Toronto, Canada
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
TOUR AND ACCOMMODATION TRIP IDEA FOR HOTEL VILLA PORTOFINO IN KIGALI RWANDA
When staying at Hotel Villa Portofino in Rwanda, we recommend experiencing some of the surrounding Kigali sightseeing attractions and cultural tour activities before heading out on your gorilla and primate safari to Volcanoes (Parc National de Volcans), Nyungwe and Akagera. You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas of Gishwati-Mukura ending with a beach vacation at Lake Kivu or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING AN AFRICA TRIP TO KIGALI IN RWANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Hotel Villa Portofino? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON HOTEL VILLA PORTOFINO
HAVE YOU VISITED KIGALI ON A TOUR VACATION IN RWANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE HOTEL VILLA PORTOFINO REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa 26 October 2017 ...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) 07 June 2017 | Published By Africa...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +