GUIDE ON GOLF HILLS RESIDENCE IN RWANDA
Accommodation & Tour Experience At Golf Hills Residence
Navigation Tip - Go Directly To Prices, Reviews, Map, Photos, Video & Room Rate Guide For Golf Hills ResidenceGolf Hills Residence is a tranquil, affordable suburban stayover located within beautiful landscaped gardens in an upscale section of the city of Kigali, Nyarutarama. Spend time in the two houses that make up the unpretentious hotel, and you will feel like you have stepped back into the colonial country home era. The wrought iron furniture and open, airy spaces of the lounge cum bar add to the comfortable, homely feel while African art adds a touch of Rwandan culture. You can stay in rooms in either the Mimosas or the Magnolia houses while enjoying the superb vistas of the green hills of Kigali and the Nyarutarama Golf Club. Holidaying guests staying at the accommodation can make use of the swimming pool and fitness center of the Nyarutarama Tennis Club at discounted prices. The club also has a sauna and spa, aerobics rooms, and tennis court. The Golf Hills Residence offers travelers 17 non-smoking rooms in four different specifications such as Single, Double, Twin and Executive Suite. In addition to wrought iron beds with mosquito netting that you can draw around, the rooms are equipped with bedside tables, small rugs, minibar, tea and coffee making equipment, writing desk, and TV with satellite connection. Big windows let in the sunshine and balconies on the upper floor allow for pleasant evenings with expansive views. The ensuite bathrooms are spacious, and while most of them have shower stalls, few come with a bathtub. Children vacationing with their families can share the suite room with their parents.
The Isimbi Restaurant serves you meals with a selection of Indian, French and Rwandan dishes. Breakfast is spread out buffet-style while lunch and dinner can be ordered from the menu. If you have any specific dietary requirements, you can advise AfricanMecca Safaris consultant at the time of your booking. The hotel also offers self-catering, and guests are welcome to put together any particular dishes they want. Also, opt to have your meals served al fresco on the balcony of your room while you enjoy the gentle Rwandan breezes, a land of thousands hills. Step out from the Golf Hills Residence to tour the surrounding attractions venues close by, but Kigali has a lot more to offer. The ancient culture of the three primary tribes of the country, Batutsi, Batwa, and Bahutu, are showcased at the distinct art galleries. The Ivuka Art Center displays local art while the Inema Arts Center is a great place for viewing crafts, dances and other art forms. Also, include an excursion out to Niyo Art Gallery to admire the upcoming talent of young artists, especially the rehabilitation through the employment of the street children. To shop for keepsakes of your trip, you must visit the Caplaki Handicrafts Cooperation where you can buy intricately created items like pottery and ceramics, exotic tribal masks, drums, baskets and much more. For a peek into the volatile past of Rwanda, you must visit the Kigali Genocide Memorial, Nyanza, Nyamata Church and Ntarama Church, all of which are poignant reminders of the innocents that fell prey to the state instigated, misdirected violence of 1994. Explore the Kandt House, home of the famous Dr. Richard Kandt, discoverer of the source of the Nile River. His home now houses the National History Museum of Rwanda.
RELATED PAGES: (1) Kigali Guide, (2) Best Time & Weather To Visit Kigali, (3) Hotels In Kigali
What We Like About Golf Hills Residence
- You will have easy access to the MTN shopping center that is known for its medical stores, restaurants and other avenues of entertainment
- Guests visiting Kigali for business meetings and diplomatic purposes will find the proximity to international embassies very convenient
- Guests traveling with kids can make use of the self-catering services of the hotel kitchens to put together special meals for them. The chef is also open to taking requests for particular dietary requirements
- The staff are very friendly, welcoming and helpful. They take good care of the guests; however, don’t set high expectations being a value accommodation
- The hotel is located in a quiet, suburban neighborhood
Things To Note When Staying At Golf Hills Residence
- To enjoy the panoramic vistas of the green hills of the city and the golf course, you will have to take rooms on the upper floors
- This hotel has just one restaurant, and you might find that the food selection is somewhat limited
- Although vacationing guests at the Golf Hills Residence can make use of the recreational facilities of the neighboring Nyarutarama Tennis Club at discounted prices, the hotel does not have any such in-house facilities. The pool is built on our last check, but there was no water in it
- The hotel is sited in the suburbs in a quiet location, but if you are in Kigali for business in the city’s hub, you will have to take costly transfers
- Hotel accessibility is limited as there is no elevator. Stairs will need to be taken to get to the second floor of the main building
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Golf Hills Residence In Kigali, Rwanda
Read More +
PLACES TO STAY IN KIGALI CITY
Read More +
KIGALI TOURS & ATTRACTIONS
Read More +
RWANDA GORILLA TREK SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you.
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
The safari trip was spectacular! Everything went off without a hitch. Thank you for a job well done! We loved the Masai Mara. The migration was awesome. The people were lovely and accommodating. A great place to start the safari experience.
Judi & Chaim Platt - Toronto, Canada
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
TOUR AND ACCOMMODATION TRIP IDEA FOR GOLF HILLS RESIDENCE IN KIGALI RWANDA
When staying at Golf Hills Residence in Rwanda, we recommend experiencing some of the surrounding Kigali sightseeing attractions and cultural tour activities before heading out on your gorilla and primate safari to Volcanoes (Parc National de Volcans), Nyungwe and Akagera. You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas of Gishwati-Mukura ending with a beach vacation at Lake Kivu or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING AN AFRICA TRIP TO KIGALI IN RWANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Golf Hills Residence? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON GOLF HILLS RESIDENCE
HAVE YOU VISITED KIGALI ON A TOUR VACATION IN RWANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE GOLF HILLS RESIDENCE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa 26 October 2017 ...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) 07 June 2017 | Published By Africa...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +