GUIDE ON LE BAMBOU GORILLA LODGE IN RWANDA
Accommodation & Tour Experience At Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge
Navigation Tip - Go Directly To Prices, Reviews, Map, Photos, Video & Room Rate Guide For Le Bambou Gorilla LodgeNestled in the foothills of the famed Virunga Mountains at Kinigi and offering easy accessibility to the trails in the Volcanoes National Park is Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge. Ideally suited for intrepid vacationers looking for a value accommodation, the lodge is aptly named thanks to the decor that has bamboo furniture along with other artifacts woven from it. It has been carefully built using locally occurring materials. Step into the lounge, bar, and restaurant, and you will notice the ceiling adorned with intricate bamboo patterns. Step out of the main reception area, and you will walk through well-landscaped gardens over paved pathways to your room located within a cottage. Lush foliage, colorful wildflowers, and other greenery curtains each standalone cottage from the other while the volcanic peaks of Rwanda form a lofty background (view Volcanoes safari park map). Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge offers you 16 rooms in all, in different specifications. Lone travelers can opt for the Single Room, but if you are on tour with a companion, you can choose from the Double Room or Twin Room. The lodge also has triple rooms that each have a king-sized bed, but are spacious enough for a third guest. Each of the rooms has a stone floor with rugs and a fireplace while the interior walls are painted with bright geometric and other patterns that reflect authentic Rwandan art. The ensuite bathroom includes basic toiletries, a shower stall, and hair dryer. Few of the bathrooms also have a bathtub.You will have your meals in the lodge's in-house restaurant. Choose from a varied selection created out of fresh produce sourced from the farms of the local communities around Kinigi. They also have their own garden where fruits and vegetables are grown. You can dine indoors warmed by a fire, and the lodge offers al fresco dining options too. Spend some time in the lodge's library where you can read books and play videos that introduce you to the magnificent gorillas you will be see on your safari trekking trip. When you arrive at the main gate of the Volcanoes National Park, your expert guide will take a few minutes briefing you on the do's and don'ts of interacting with the mountain gorillas. Each group of 8 guests is assigned a family of gorillas they can visit. While they are adapted to the presence of humans, you must take care to follow the instructions of your guide carefully. Some of the trails can be muddy and steep, and it helps if you have a porter with you who can help you carry any equipment you need to have along. Aside from the gorilla trek, you can go on other trails that let you explore the breathtaking beauty of the Volcanoes Park with its incredible flora, insect life and over 178 species of birds. Try following a trail that takes you to the slopes of Mounts Karisimbi and Bisoke. Or, spend time in the Musanze Caves admiring their gorgeous stone formations. You must also take the time to visit the grave of Dian Fossey whose unrelenting efforts helped in the preservation of the mountain gorillas. End your Rwandan primate holiday in the company of the native people of the Iby'Iwacu Village where you can take part in their cultural dances and music or even sample some of their authentic cuisines.RELATED PAGES: (1) Volcanoes Safari Park Guide, (2) Best Time & Weather To Visit Volcanoes, (3) Safari Lodges, Camps & Hotels In Volcanoes
What We Like About Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge
- Located close to the main gate of the Volcanoes National Park at Kinigi thus easy accessibility to the base point of your trekking tours
- Value accommodation, ideal for budget guests
- The staff are extremely friendly offering footwear cleaning services, hot water bottles and lighting the evening fireplace in the rooms
- With just 16 rooms, offers guests a personable experience
- Food is delicious with a good variety made with fresh farm produce. Lodge offers the buffet, barbecue and stir-fry options on different days of the week. They also offer snack bags to keep you going on longer hikes in the Volcanoes
Things To Note When Staying At Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge
- Relies on conventional power sources for electricity, solar energy is not used
- Does not offer spa or massage facilities
- Some rooms can be cold at night despite the fire; Do request for extra wood if you need the fire to last longer
- Room aesthetics could be better in our more modern times and to keep up with competition
- Have no expectations of a frill experience when staying here. It is simple an affordable base to access the park
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge In Volcanoes, Rwanda
Read More +
PLACES TO STAY IN VOLCANOES
Read More +
SAFARI & TOUR IN VOLCANOES PARK
Read More +
RWANDA GORILLA TREK SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
SAFARI TRIP IDEA FOR LE BAMBOU GORILLA LODGE IN VOLCANOES RWANDA
When staying at Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge during your gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda, we recommend combining it with Akagera, Nyungwe and a city tour of Kigali. You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas of Gishwati-Mukura ending with a beach vacation at Lake Kivu or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO VOLCANOES IN RWANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON LE BAMBOU GORILLA LODGE
VOLCANOES CAMPS & LODGES
EXPLORE MORE ON VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK IN RWANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED VOLCANOES FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN RWANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE LE BAMBOU GORILLA LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa 26 October 2017 ...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) 07 June 2017 | Published By Africa...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +