GUIDE ON NYUNGWE TOP VIEW HILL HOTEL IN RWANDA
Accommodation & Tour Experience At Nyungwe Top View Hill Hotel
Navigation Tip - Go Directly To Prices, Reviews, Map, Photos, Video & Room Rate Guide For Nyungwe Top View Hill HotelPerched atop a small hill and located about a kilometer away from the village of Gisakura on the forest periphery of the Nyungwe National Park is the Nyungwe Top View Hill Hotel. A no-frills countryside vacationing accommodation, it is accessible by way of a winding road that although a steering trip, rewards you with spectacular views of the superb panorama of the reserve all around you including the tea plantations and the distant Lake Kivu. You will arrive at a roundish two-story structure that houses the reception on the lower floor and the diner on the upper level. Adorned with a curious combination of traditional Rwandan art and whimsical, modern decor, the lounge though comfortable, lacks enduring charm. Step outside through glass doors onto an inclined green lawn, and you can make your way to the rooms housed in colonial-style chalets. Made of red bricks, a tiled roof that lines up on either side of the reception building, they have a welcoming air about them. The Nyungwe Top View Hill Hotel offers you a collection of 12 rooms in all. 6 of them offer views of the west of the park while the other 6 face the eastern side. Each chalet has a distinct layout and décor that includes a living area in the front. Terracotta colored tiles gracing the floor and the lit fireplace make the room warm and cozy in the evenings when the highland temperatures of Rwanda tend to drop. Choose from rooms with single, double, twin or triple mosquito-netting covered beds. The East Rooms are named as Volcanoes, Nyungwe, Isumo, Kamironzovu, Rushoka, and Icyayi while the West Rooms have identifiers like Kahuzi Beiga, Ntendezi, Murwa, Indinganire, Idjwi, and Kivu. These names are chosen to reflect the views of the specific attraction around Rwanda that the chalet provides.
Spend time on the verandah outside enjoying these breathtaking vistas. You can also make use of the electronic safe deposit box and dresser for unpacking. The ensuite bathrooms include a standalone basin and a bath with shower. Have your meals in the dining area above the reception, and if you choose to, you can also have them served al fresco on the deck outside. Dine on simple, wholesome meals as you relish in the incredible vistas. On clear days, you can look for the Lake Kivu and volcanoes of Congo in the distance. You won't need to travel a long way to reach the starting point of the distinct touring trails of Nyungwe Park. Some of the trails take you chimpanzee spotting and though, some of the 500 strong troupes are habituated, it is advisable not to approach them too closely. You could follow trails that lead you up to scenic waterfalls whereas others introduce you to some of the 310 species of birds that inhabit the Nyungwe Forest Park. Look out for small mammals along with butterflies, moths, and other insects perhaps, flitting among the amazing 140 species of orchids and other flowers. The highlight of your excursion is certainly the Canopy Walkway where you can have an exhilarating bird's eye view of the lofty trees and mists from high above the ground. At the end of your day, return to Nyungwe Top View Hill Hotel for cultural displays that Rwandan dancers perform on certain days of the week.RELATED PAGES: (1) Nyungwe Safari Park Guide, (2) Best Time & Weather To Visit Nyungwe, (3) Safari Lodges, Camps & Hotels In Nyungwe
What We Like About Nyungwe Top View Hill Hotel
- You can access the park’s main attractions i.e. distinct trails, Canopy Walkway and headquarters of the reserve
- Staff are friendly and welcomes wilderness holidaymakers with a warm demeanor
- Offers stunning views of the landscape of Nyungwe National Park
- Each of the rooms faces a section of the region e.g. forest, lake, hills etc. and has names according to the panoramas they provide
- The food is good here considering it is a remote, value accommodation
Things To Note When Staying At Nyungwe Top View Hill Hotel
- Accessing this vacation stayover is difficult since the road leading up to it is only a dirt track and riddled with potholes
- Lacks maintenance and the furniture looks dated and lesser quality
- Does not offer child-friendly facilities. Parents need to be extra cautious with kids playing on the incline. Not disabled-friendly either
- Expects visiting tourists to pay unreasonable rates for water, drinks and other small conveniences
- Views are variable from each of the rooms and being the only value hotel in the vicinity, it lacks the possibility of improvement and upgrading of services
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Nyungwe Top View Hill Hotel, Rwanda
Read More +
PLACES TO STAY IN NYUNGWE
Read More +
SAFARI & TOUR IN NYUNGWE PARK
Read More +
RWANDA GORILLA TREK SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
SAFARI TRIP IDEA FOR NYUNGWE TOP VIEW HILL HOTEL RWANDA
When staying at Nyungwe Top View Hill Hotel in Rwanda, we recommend combining it with a gorilla and primate safari to Volcanoes (Parc National de Volcans), Akagera and a city tour of Kigali. You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas of Gishwati-Mukura ending with a beach vacation at Lake Kivu or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO NYUNGWE IN RWANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Nyungwe Top View Hill Hotel? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON NYUNGWE TOP VIEW HILL HOTEL
EXPLORE MORE ON NYUNGWE NATIONAL PARK IN RWANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED NYUNGWE FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN RWANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE NYUNGWE TOP VIEW HILL HOTEL REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa 26 October 2017 ...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) 07 June 2017 | Published By Africa...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +