GUIDE ON ONE&ONLY NYUNGWE HOUSE IN RWANDA
Accommodation & Tour Experience At One&Only Nyungwe House
Navigation Tip - Go Directly To Prices, Reviews, Map, Photos, Video & Room Rate Guide For One&Only Nyungwe HouseA small haven of premier tranquility set close to the forest boundaries of Nyungwe National Park is the One&Only Nyungwe House, formerly branded as Nyungwe Forest Lodge by Newmark Hotels. Offering stunning views of the magnificent natural beauty of the reserve, this boutique vacationing accommodation has all the elements of the luxury safari indulgence of Rwanda in its decor and hospitality. Since it is sited within the tea plantation of Gisakura, you can enjoy activities associated with it such as tasting the delicately flavored tea brewed with fresh leaves and touring the gardens. Spend some time relaxing beside the heated infinity pool or taking lazy laps in it while reveling in the breathtaking panorama of the indigenous flora and fauna. You could also visit the fitness center for a workout or the spa for expert massage therapy. Crafted out of brick stone and wood detailing and adorned with eclectic Rwandan art-craft, the 24 rooms offered by this forest holiday resort are designed for utmost comfort and premier pleasure. 22 of the rooms are housed in 6 villas, and while 15 of the rooms have king sized double beds, the rest of the 7 come with twin beds. The 2 Presidential Suites are contained in distinct villas, one of which includes a Jacuzzi. Each of the villas has a bedroom with a king-sized bed and leads to a second bedroom that can sleep an additional two guests. Take in the surrounding green ambiance while seated on your private deck or relax in the seating arrangement inside the rooms enlivened by the warmth of the fireplace. Sip on drinks from the minibar or make yourself a cup of tea or coffee with the equipment in the room while catching up on world events on your flat-screen LCD TV. Ensuite bathrooms include a hairdryer, double basins, a bathtub, walk-in shower, and bidet.The One&Only Nyungwe House offers you delicious meals, well cooked and presented. You can enjoy room service or visit the restaurant for lunch indoors or al fresco on the deck outside. Take part in tea ceremonies in the tea lounge and have dinners served traditionally in an authentic boma around a campfire. Its proximity to the Nyungwe Forest Park allows guests easy access to the distinct trails that let you adventure excursion around the forest reserve. The expert guide assigned by AfricanMecca Safaris will accompany you on your treks through the forest hoping to spot some of the 500 species of chimpanzees. Each of the trails allows you to experience a unique facet of the park from its 310 species of birds and varieties of mammals. Picnic beside the distinct superb waterfalls e.g. Kamiranzovu or trek along marshlands and thick bamboo forests. The park is famous for the 13 species of primates it hosts along with the plants and trees endemic to the region. Look for black and white colobus monkeys, grey-cheeked mangabey, blue monkey or the very rare golden monkey. Learn about the remedial properties of the flora as you listen to the experienced ranger talk about them and perhaps, spot some of the 140 species of orchids alone. You must also go on the renowned Canopy Walkway, the highlight of your trip where guests view the montane forest from high up over the ground with sightings of birds and primates in the trees. Peek into the ancient cultural lifestyles of the ethnic Rwandan people of Nyungwe Forest with a visit to their authentic villages.RELATED PAGES: (1) Nyungwe Safari Park Guide, (2) Best Time & Weather To Visit Nyungwe, (3) Safari Lodges, Camps & Hotels In Nyungwe
What We Like About One&Only Nyungwe House
- Located close to the peripheries of the Nyungwe National Park, offering easy accessibility to the various attractions and activities
- Distinct countryside activities like plucking tea leaves, witnessing leaves processing, and tea ceremonies thanks to proximity to the tea plantation at Gisakura
- An intimate accommodation with a limited number of rooms. Ideally suited for guests looking for a unique boutique experience
- Includes facilities like a heated pool and well-equipped fitness center
- Offers sumptuous meals and attentive service by a friendly and courteous staff
Things To Note When Staying At One&Only Nyungwe House
- Includes resort-like facilities like a swimming pool and fitness center that lessens an authentic safari ambience
- Price is on the higher side since it does not have to deal with much competition in Nyungwe National Park
- Lack of competition of other accommodations can lead to standards remaining status quo
- Activities by in-camp guides could be better organized
- There have been times when services have been variable. It should not be the case for a luxury lodge
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On One&Only Nyungwe House, Rwanda
Read More +
PLACES TO STAY IN NYUNGWE
Read More +
SAFARI & TOUR IN NYUNGWE PARK
Read More +
RWANDA GORILLA TREK SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
SAFARI TRIP IDEA FOR ONE&ONLY NYUNGWE HOUSE RWANDA
When staying at One&Only Nyungwe House in Rwanda, we recommend combining it with a gorilla and primate safari to Volcanoes (Parc National de Volcans), Akagera and a city tour of Kigali. You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas of Gishwati-Mukura ending with a beach vacation at Lake Kivu or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO NYUNGWE IN RWANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With One&Only Nyungwe House? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON ONE&ONLY NYUNGWE HOUSE
EXPLORE MORE ON NYUNGWE NATIONAL PARK IN RWANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED NYUNGWE FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN RWANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE ONE&ONLY NYUNGWE HOUSE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa 26 October 2017 ...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) 07 June 2017 | Published By Africa...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +