GUIDE ON LAKE KIVU HOTEL IN RWANDA
Accommodation & Tour Experience At Lake Kivu Hotel
Navigation Tip - Go Directly To Prices, Reviews, Map, Photos, Video & Room Rate Guide For Lake Kivu HotelGisenyi, also called Rubavu is a picturesque rural town beside the Lake Kivu in western Rwanda. Local residents including expats and international vacationers visiting the wildlife parks of Rwanda often spend time near the lake to enjoy its breathtaking beauty and tranquility. For guests on wildlife viewing expeditions, the locale is a lovely place to relax in after their strenuous treks. Close to the lake, at a distance of less than 2 kilometers is the economy Lake Kivu Hotel managed by Gorilla Hotels. It comprises of a collection of two and three-story edifices standing on a well-landscaped property with lush gardens. You will be welcomed into the comfortable reception area that has a simple, unpretentious decor. Step outside, and you will come upon the free-form swimming pool. This Rwandan hotel also has a basic gym where you can keep up with your fitness routine while on holiday. Lake Kivu Hotel offers 34 rooms in three different categories to like-minded budget travelers. You can choose from the Deluxe Rooms with a double bed or the Twin Rooms with two single beds. The hotel offers a third category, the Executive Suite that is larger and has its own living room with a dining nook and kitchenette. With a basic, homely decor characteristic of a value stayover, all of the rooms include a television with cable connection, safe deposit box to store valuables, and a seating area. You can also spend time on the balcony that is accessible through sliding doors. Enjoy views of the gardens and the swimming pool or of the Lake Kivu in the distance. Ensuite bathrooms include a shower area or bathtub along with hair dryer, bathrobe, and slippers. You will have your meals at the in-house restaurant that also has a bar. Dine on adequate fare on a buffet, or you can order a la carte on request. While on tour at Lake Kivu, you must sample the local delicacy, isambaza, the smallest fish that abounds in the lake. One of the many fun activities that you can take part in is to go on an angling expedition with the native fishermen. These fish are attracted to light, and the local anglers use a fascinating, ancient technique to harvest the catch. You might also spot birds like the pied kingfisher catching its own meals. The Kivu area has about 60 species of birds, and on your boating trip on the lake, you could spot some of them. You will find small islands around the lake waters, each of which has its own unique biome. One of them, Napoleon Island is home to a colony of bats that you can go in search of them. The Munezero cruise is yet another relaxing ride that takes you over the lake so you can revel in the waterfront vistas of the distinct towns and settlements around the banks (view Kivu map). The lake no dangerous animals and you can go swimming in its waters. Or, partake in the varied water sports like sea kayaking, canoeing, jet skiing, catamaran rides and windsurfing. On shore, you must explore the Congo Nile Trail, a scenic route that you can hike or bike over. Gisenyi is located close to the tea and coffee plantations of Rwanda. View the gardens and visit the processing factories at Kinunu and Cyimbili. Watch the beans being ground and sample the freshly brewed fragrant beverage. At the of your day, return back to Lake Kivu Hotel for your dinner and restful overnight. RELATED PAGES: (1) Lake Kivu Guide, (2) Best Time & Weather To Visit Lake Kivu, (3) Safari Lodges, Camps & Hotels In Lake Kivu
What We Like About Lake Kivu Hotel
- Offers affordable accommodation for lake-seeking vacationers.
- The staff are very genial and cooperative at most times.
- Has a swimming pool. Ideal for families with children.
- Authentic feel of the tropical gardens which are well kept.
Things To Note When Staying At Lake Kivu Hotel
- Not right by the lake. Located at a distance from Lake Kivu.
- Rooms offer variable views, some face the gardens and swimming pool while others have vistas of the lake across the road.
- Food is just adequate, needs to be improved. Restaurant service is also not up to the mark.
- Rooms do not include air conditioning or fans. They also do not have mosquito netting which leaves holidaymakers vulnerable to insects or uncomfortably warm rooms if the windows are closed.
- Fitness center has inadequate equipment and needs upgrading.
- Room decor is very basic, no “Wow” factor.
- With 34 rooms, serves a large number of guests and is not appropriate for those looking for a quiet vacation. Can be noisy sometimes because of the conference hall it has or when the hotel is fully booked.
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Lake Kivu Hotel, Rwanda
Read More +
PLACES TO STAY IN LAKE KIVU
Read More +
SAFARI & TOUR IN LAKE KIVU
Read More +
RWANDA GORILLA TREK SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR LAKE KIVU HOTEL RWANDA
When staying at Lake Kivu Hotel in Rwanda, we recommend combining it with a gorilla and primate safari to Volcanoes (Parc National de Volcans), Nyungwe, Akagera and a city tour of Kigali. You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas of Gishwati-Mukura or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO LAKE KIVU IN RWANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Lake Kivu Hotel? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON LAKE KIVU HOTEL
HAVE YOU VISITED LAKE KIVU FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN RWANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE LAKE KIVU HOTEL REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +