WHERE TO STAY IN LAKE KIVU
List Of Accommodations To Stay In Lake Kivu
Navigation Tip - Go Directly To Safari Prices, Reviews, Maps, Photos, Videos & Room Rate Guide For Lake Kivu
1. Lake Kivu Serena Hotel - Tier 2 Deluxe ExperienceIf you are looking for the facilities and amenities of a deluxe hotel, then the Lake Kivu Serena Hotel should be your choice. It offers guests use of a swimming pool complete with a wading section, as well as a fitness center. Choose from among 66 rooms, of which 37 are Standard Rooms and 23 are Family Rooms, with a choice of double or twin beds. 6 Luxury Suites are also available and provide guests with a separate living and working room. The hotel offers interconnected rooms for traveling families, along with a specially furnished room for the physically challenged. Other amenities include a flat-screen TV with cable, supplies for making tea and coffee, and a safety deposit box for valuables. Guests seeking relaxation will appreciate that each room has a small seating area and access to a balcony and patio with views of the garden and lake.
2. Cormoran Lodge - Tier 3 Value ExperienceA small, value vacation hotel in western Rwanda, Cormoran Lodge sits on the green slopes of the hills surrounding Lake Kivu. Constructed almost entirely of wood and supported by stilts, the lodge gives guests the feeling of a stay in a rustic cabin. The lodge offers 7 log cabins, each with wooden floors, ceiling, and walls. Some of the rooms come with a double bed, while others have twin beds. Mosquito netting, suspended from the ceiling, draped all beds for added comfort and protection. The rooms also include amenities such as a fridge, small desk and chair, and television so you can keep pace with local and world events while spending time in Rwanda. The attached bathrooms have stone detailing with a shower area. Cabins have a private balcony where guests can sit and enjoy the picturesque vista of the small islets that dot the lake.
3. Lake Kivu Hotel - Tier 3 Value ExperienceThe Lake Kivu Hotel is an affordable accommodation that offers value holidaymakers a selection of 34 rooms in three specifications. Many guests choose the Deluxe Rooms with a double bed or Twin Rooms with two single beds. Those looking for more space may wish to opt for the Executive Suite, which includes a separate living area with a small kitchen and dining area. Some 23 rooms are designated as Family Rooms. Ensuite bathrooms come with a hair dryer, slippers and bathrobe, and either a shower or bathtub. You can also relax on the verandah, just outside the sliding doors of your room, and enjoy a view of the swimming pool and the lake across the gardens. Other amenities for in-house tourists include a safety deposit box for valuables, a flat-screen TV with cable, and a small sitting area. Guests can also make use of the on-site fitness center. Enjoy a meal at the hotel’s restaurant or just lounge beside the swimming pool, reveling in the serenity of the locale.
Write A Trip Review On Lake Kivu In Rwanda
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
AfricanMecca Safaris created a remarkable honeymoon tailored to our interests and desires. The quality of service and delivery of experience was unsurpassed. I highly recommend AfricanMecca Safaris to honeymooners, families, or any traveler.
Noorin & Jason Nelson - Maryland, United States
I booked my safari holiday through AfricanMecca. They were the most helpful company I have ever dealt with and I work within the travel industry. I had the most amazing time. The holiday went as clockwork with no hitches anywhere.
Shelley Roberts - Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you.
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
We have returned from our African adventure and would like to thank you very much for your part in making this such a wonderful experience. We were lucky enough to time the Great Migration from the Serengeti, which was amazing.
Denise Paterson - Belmont, Australia
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR LAKE KIVU IN RWANDA
When visiting Lake Kivu, we recommend combining it with a gorilla and primate safari to Volcanoes (Parc National de Volcans), Nyungwe, Akagera and a city tour of Kigali. You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas of Gishwati-Mukura or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.READ MORE
Read More +
GUIDE ON LAKE KIVU
Located on the western edge of Rwanda, Lake Kivu sits above the Albertine Rift. The lake is known for its serenity and sandy beaches, where you can relax, sunbathe, or simply enjoy a rejuvenating siesta.
Read More +
SAFARI & TOUR IN LAKE KIVU
At Lake Kivu, you have the option of going on bird walks, kayaking, windsurfing, jet-skiing, traditional fishing, visiting tea and coffee farms, Munezero boat cruise, cycling, Congo Nile trail hikes etc.
Read More +
BEST TIME TO VISIT LAKE KIVU
If you intend to vacation in Lake Kivu, you can safely choose the dry seasons as the best time to visit. The daytime high temperatures average around 27C (81F) in the warmest months of August - October.
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO LAKE KIVU IN RWANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance For Your Travels In Lake Kivu ? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON LAKE KIVU
HAVE YOU VISITED LAKE KIVU FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN RWANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE LAKE KIVU REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +