GUIDE ON LAKE KIVU SERENA HOTEL IN RWANDA
Accommodation & Tour Experience At Lake Kivu Serena Hotel
Navigation Tip - Go Directly To Prices, Reviews, Map, Photos, Video & Room Rate Guide For Lake Kivu Serena HotelAfter a distinctive primate and plains game viewing safari in the parks of Rwanda, like-minded vacationers looking for relaxation and tranquility find that the shores of Lake Kivu are the perfect destination. Breathtakingly beautiful, the lake lies on the western border of the country with the neighboring Democratic Republic of Congo. Beside the lake in Gisenyi town is the mid-range Lake Kivu Serena Hotel that comprises of a selection of three-storied structures built on a well-landscaped property. Offering a private beach to its guests, it also provides facilities such as a free-form swimming pool with a wading section for kids, adequate spa services, wellness center, the "Maisha Health Club" and two tennis courts. You will spend your lake-side holiday in one of the 66 rooms the Kivu Serena Hotel has including 37 standard rooms, 23 family rooms, and 6 Luxury Suites, all of which face the lake. Of the Standard and Family Rooms, you can request for the ones with king-sized beds or twin queen-sized beds while the Luxury Suites include a separate living cum working area. Physically challenged tourists can stay in the room designed for their comfort while families can request for interlinked rooms with cribs or cots. If you intend to smoke, please let the hotel know in advance so they can arrange for the room accordingly. Your accommodations include a seating area, flat-screen TV with satellite channels, tea and coffee making supplies, electronic safe for storing valuables and an attached balcony on the upper floors and patio on the lower floor where you can sit and revel in the beauty of Lake Kivu. Ensuite bathrooms come with a hairdryer and bathtub, though; the rooms with the luxury suites also include a shower area. The hotel offers you room service, but you can opt to have your meals in their restaurants. The Kiyaga Restaurant offers meals buffet style, and you can choose from a selection of Rwandan and global cuisine. Order snacks at the Ziwani Beach Cafe and Bar or at the Lake View Bar and Terrace. When not enjoying the hospitality of Lake Kivu Serena, you must go exploring the quaint lakeside towns that are linked by scenic routes (view map of Lake Kivu). Trip out to the tea and coffee gardens of Rubavu, and later, visit the processing factories at Kinunu and Cyimbili where you can taste the superb flavors of Rwandan coffee. You could also go biking and hiking on the Congo Nile trail or indulge in the various water sports on the lake. Lake Kivu is safe for swimming in, and you can also go kayaking or traditional canoeing. Experience the pleasurable sunset cruise aboard the Munezero, and enjoy the waterfront views of the varied small towns and villages sited on it. You might even sight some of the incredible 60 avian species on your birdwatching excursion. You must also try windsurfing or jet-skiing on the lake. Or, visit the tiny isles sited in it. Each of these isles has a fascinating and unique biome including the Napoleon Island, home to a colony of bats. Your travel to this locale would not be complete without an angling expedition to catch the local isambaza, a delicate fish that the lake teems with. RELATED PAGES: (1) Lake Kivu Guide, (2) Best Time & Weather To Visit Lake Kivu, (3) Safari Lodges, Camps & Hotels In Lake Kivu
What We Like About Lake Kivu Serena Hotel
- Has a private sandy beach at the property.
- Food is very good; the hotel offers a good selection of meal options, from buffet to a la carte.
- The staff are courteous, friendly and provide excellent service.
- Includes interconnected rooms for families with kids along with a crib or cot. Also, has children-centric facilities like a separate wading pool that parents must supervise. Kids' meals are available at earlier timings with high chairs provided in the restaurant.
- Guests in Lake Kivu can make use of the spa services and the Maisha Fitness Club.
Things To Note When Staying At Lake Kivu Serena Hotel
- Offers 66 rooms in all to holidaymakers. The large number of rooms takes away from the quiet, personalized experience during the busy high occupancy periods.
- Has a conference center because of which the hotel can be noisy at times.
- Hotel decor and rooming aesthetics can be improved.
- The hotel prices are on higher side due to lack of competition.
- Standards are on the lesser side comparable to other Serena accommodations in East Africa.
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Lake Kivu Serena Hotel, Rwanda
Read More +
PLACES TO STAY IN LAKE KIVU
Read More +
SAFARI & TOUR IN LAKE KIVU
Read More +
RWANDA GORILLA TREK SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR LAKE KIVU SERENA HOTEL RWANDA
When staying at Lake Kivu Serena Hotel in Rwanda, we recommend combining it with a gorilla and primate safari to Volcanoes (Parc National de Volcans), Nyungwe, Akagera and a city tour of Kigali. You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas of Gishwati-Mukura or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO LAKE KIVU IN RWANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Lake Kivu Serena Hotel? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON LAKE KIVU SERENA HOTEL
LAKE KIVU CAMPS & LODGES
HAVE YOU VISITED LAKE KIVU FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN RWANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE LAKE KIVU SERENA HOTEL REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +