READ MORE ON TRAVEL GUIDE FOR AFRICA
AFRICA BEACHES & ISLANDS GUIDE
1. Tanzania Beaches & Zanzibar IslandsThe shimmering stretches of white sand and blue-green water of the Indian Ocean make Tanzania an extraordinary African coastal holiday destination. The beaches of Tanzania, from the castaway Mafia, Pemba, Fanjove Islands to Ras Kutani, Kilwa and Bagamoyo, instantaneously detoxes your mind, relax your body and rejuvenate your spirit. Immerse yourself in the easygoing seaside lifestyle, or seek out high-adventure marine activities, or do a little of both. However, you envision your paradisiacal beach escape, Tanzania’s beaches will enchant and delight you! Watch spectacular humpback whales make their migratory journey in Mafia, laugh at the antics of coastal primates at Jozani Forest, lose yourself in the fascinating shapes of marine life stranded by changing tides and so much more at Chumbe Island Coral Park! You can island hop, take cultural Swahili tours, explore small villages and markets and find plenty of aquatic sports to enjoy! As one of the continent’s most remarkable island destinations, Zanzibar is a zesty addition to any African traveler’s itinerary. Known as “Spice Island,” the archipelago has a rich history that is filled with romantic stories of trade, wealth and cultural influences. Stone Town is a distinct UNESCO World Heritage Site that takes you back in time, and the aroma of exotic spices is always in the air. Idyllic stretches of white sand beaches touched by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean further enhance the experience of Zanzibar Island. The charming Swahilis of Zanzibar welcome you with warm smiles and are delighted to share their methods of harvesting seaweed, catching the best fish and other seafood and cultivating the finest seasonings in the world.
2. Kenya Beaches & IslandsComplement your high-paced East African safari with a restful escape to Kenya’s fabulous coastal beaches and islands, from the famed Diani, Galu, Tiwi, Nyali, Bamburi, Shanzu, Kilifi, Malindi, Watamu to the isolated Msambweni, Funzi Lamu and Chale Islands! Located along the eastern edge of the continent, the Kenyan coastline is a stunning location to enjoy the bounty of the Indian Ocean. Pale sand Swahili beaches contrast with jade green and cerulean waters. Palm tree fronds dance to a rhythm the whisper of gentle ocean breezes. Romantic fishing dhows sail the moonlit ocean. For those times when you seek aquatic adventures, skim across the water jet-skiing, waterskiing, kitesurfing, windsurfing, to name only some of the available activities. Kenya is a global hotspot for world-class diving and snorkeling to explore Kisite Marine Park’s underwater realm of brightly colored marine life amidst reefs of curious, odd and eerie coral. For a thrilling challenge, you can go after some of the largest and feistiest creatures in the ocean in Watamu, Malindi and Mombasa — marlin, sailfish, swordfish, massive yellowfin tuna and many other game fish!
3. Mozambique Beaches & IslandsLose yourself in the coastal lifestyle of Mozambique! Encircled by the brilliant sandy coastline, sparkling blue waters and distinct island archipelagos like Bazaruto and Quirimbas, Mozambique is a picturesque beach vacation destination that offers an almost endless variety of activities. The high visibility waters around the Bazaruto National Park region of the island is a well-known site for exceptional diving and snorkeling, and you can even go horseback riding on the beach at Benguerra Island and along the coast of Vilanculos. If you dream of seeing manta rays and whale sharks, Mozambique’s Tofo at Inhambane should top your list! Even discerning foodies are in absolute heaven as they dine upon freshly-caught seafood prepared with divine exotic spices. You simply will not believe your eyes when you travel inland to the breathtaking Gorongosa National Park and Niassa National Reserve to explore grasslands, floodplains of Lake Urema, rainforest, woodland plateau, highlands of Mount Gorongosa, riverine thickets, Miombo coppices and much more.
4. Seychelles Beaches & IslandsAfrica is a land of surprises, and no other place on Earth offers more of the unexpected than the 115 inner granitic and outer coralline islands of Seychelles Archipelago. With the exception of Praslin and Mahe that hosts 90% of the Creole population, the islands are rarely touched by humans. The two islands, though, are highly-desired for engaging guests who seek the utmost tropical African tour, and island hopping takes you into the more secluded and isolated islands. On Mahe Island, tour farms where fragrant vanilla is grown, all-encompassing bays, dense inland forests, touring the capital town of Victoria and shopping in bazaars. Praslin, the second largest island, is popular amongst our guests who long for quiet beaches and the mesmerizing experience of Vallee de Mai, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The third largest island is La Digue, an off-beat laidback island. AfricanMecca also recommends beach vacationing in the private isles like North, Fregate, Denis and Desroches Islands.
5. Mauritius Beaches & IslandsMauritius has something for every coastal traveler! The island is loosely divided into four polar coastlines (north, east, south and west), each offering a unique African beach trip experience. Grand Baie in the north offers everything you would expect from a busy resort town, such as shopping, energetic water sports, nightlife, restaurants and more! Island sunsets in Africa are not to be missed, and the western Flic en Flac coast of Mauritius is the perfect place to catch the golden rays of sunlight dancing upon the water. You can also diving, snorkeling, swimming with dolphins, spa pampering and other activities while surrounded by the impressive coastal scenery. The eastern coast is distinguished by its elegant oceanfront hotels and striking beaches like Belle Mare, and the southern coastline of Blue Bay Marine Park offers beautifully rugged ocean-facing cliffs.
6. South Africa BeachesCamps Bay in Cape Town is the most popular beach destination in the country — and with good reason! Undulating aquamarine waters wash upon a golden shoreline that is dotted with massive rock range of the 12 Apostles, giving one a sense of connecting with nature’s quiet yet powerful presence. The beach transforms into a gentle slope of lush green foothills before rushing skyward to the cloud-kissed peaks of its majestic highlands. Spending time at Camps Bay makes you feel as if you are experiencing all of Africa’s many outdoor activities in one location. Imagine days of sipping delicious cocktails, watching the waves, joining in a game of beach volleyball, cooling off with locally-crafted ice cream, digging your toes into the sand at sunrise, celebrating with friends and family at local nightclubs and dining upon delectable food! Camps Bay is absolute perfection for your South African coastal experience! Other beach locations in South Africa are Clifton, Sodwana Bay, Ballito, North and South Beach in Durban, Santos Beach at Mossel Bay and many others.
7. Madagascar Beaches & IslandsMadagascar — the word evokes a sense of liveliness, thanks to Dreamworks for their Hollywood animation. The island setting is unique amongst Africa’s other coastal destinations, offering as much tranquility or thrill-seeking as you desire. You can dive and snorkel on pristine coral reefs at Tanikely Marine Reserve, laze about on gorgeous beaches and even tour the unusually-named Nosy Be Island. For a sense of isolation from modern life, we recommend Ile Ste-Marie, and the island is especially romantic for honeymooners when the native orchids are in bloom. Discover rolling sand dunes, fishing villages and a leisurely pace of life at Ifaty and Nosy Ve. Socialize with other global travelers at Mahajanga that is a preferred location for sunsets and aquatic activities. Tsarabanjina is a distinct private island that hosts the premium Constance Resort.
CONTACT AND TALK TO OUR BEACH EXPERTS TODAY TO KICK-START YOUR TOUR PLANNING PROCESS
Request Africa Custom Or Tailor-Made Beach Pricing Based On Your Specific Travel Dates At Your Preferred Beach Tier AccommodationCONTACT AN EXPERT ON AFRICA SAFARI PRICES & BEACH TOURS
Read More +
SAFARI PRICES FOR AFRICA
Review recommended itineraries and prices of our discerning Africa safaris with the option of customizing your tour based on your needs and preferences.
Read More +
AFRICA TRIP IDEAS
Review experiences from wildlife photo safari, horse riding, bush walks, mountain treks, honeymoon to family beach vacation, diving, snorkeling & fishing.
Read More +
PARKS & RESERVES IN AFRICA
Review information on wildlife parks and reserves in Eastern and Southern Africa: Tanzania, South Africa, Kenya, Botswana, Zambia and other countries.
Read More +
ACCOMMODATIONS IN AFRICA
Review information on safari camps, lodges, city hotels, beach resorts in Africa's pristine wilderness, cities, Swahili coastal shores and idyllic islands.
Read More +
BEST TIME TO VISIT AFRICA
Review details on the best time to go to Africa to visit its diverse wildlife wildernesses, lakes, rivers, mountains, forests, islands, beaches and other ecologies.
Read More +
BEACHES & ISLANDS OF AFRICA
Review Africa's beautiful Indian Ocean coast and islands where the turquoise waters tenderly wash up white sand beaches that create a serene ambience.
Read More +
AFRICAN COUNTRY PROFILES
Review information and travel tips on African countries: climate, culture, geography, history, tipping guide, entry requirements, what to pack and wear and more.
Read More +
CITY DAY TOURS FOR AFRICA
Review full or half day city tour options for Cape Town, Nairobi, Johannesburg, Zanzibar etc. Experiences can be customized around your vacation travels.
Read More +
TOP 12 REASONS TO VISIT AFRICA
There are infinite reasons to visit Africa e.g wildlife safaris, gorilla and chimp treks, birding, beaches, mountain climbing, cultural tours and more.
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
Greetings to you and our most fervent thanks for a wonderful trip of Kenya, Zanzibar, South Africa & Victoria Falls. Everything went very well. This was truly a perfect vacation. Thank you so much for all your arrangements.
Adrienne & Barrie Carter - Canada
Dear Raza, The accommodations you recommended were superb. We loved them all -- Giraffe Manor, Wilderness Trails, Governor's Il Moran, Ngorongoro Crater Lodge and Mnemba Island Lodge.
Pat Bernard, Vice President, Global Channel Sales, Novell Corp - New Hampshire United States
AfricanMecca Safaris created a remarkable honeymoon tailored to our interests and desires. The quality of service and delivery of experience was unsurpassed. I highly recommend AfricanMecca Safaris to honeymooners, families, or any traveler.
Noorin & Jason Nelson - Maryland, United States
We had a great time on your safaris. Thank you very much for all that you did for us. We were in Africa overall for 5 weeks and spent time in South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Kenya and Tanzania. We just totally loved it.
Bruce and Susie Ironside - New Zealand
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
I booked my safari holiday through AfricanMecca. They were the most helpful company I have ever dealt with and I work within the travel industry. I had the most amazing time. The holiday went as clockwork with no hitches anywhere.
Shelley Roberts - Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
SAFARI BOOKING & TOUR HOLIDAY IDEA FOR AFRICA
When visiting Africa, we recommend your tour to varied national parks in Africa like Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania, Kruger in South Africa, Chobe and Okavango Delta in Botswana, Masai Mara in Kenya to climbing Kilimanjaro, or gorilla and chimpanzee primate safari treks in Rwanda & Uganda ending with beachfront retreat to Zanzibar Island or Cape Town.READ MORE
TRAVEL PLANNING GUIDE FOR AFRICA
Kickstart Your Beach Planning
Kickstart Your Beach Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance For Your Travels In Africa? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA VACATION EXPERT
EXPLORE MORE ON NATIONAL PARKS, CAMPS, LODGES, BEACHES & RESORTS IN AFRICA
HAVE YOU VISITED AFRICA FOR A SAFARI, BEACH OR ANY OTHER TOUR VACATION?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE AFRICA TRIP REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +