GUIDE ON AKAGERA GAME LODGE IN RWANDA
Accommodation & Tour Experience At Akagera Game Lodge
Navigation Tip - Go Directly To Prices, Reviews, Map, Photos, Video & Room Rate Guide For Akagera Game LodgeThe Akagera Game Lodge welcomes budget safari holidaymakers to experience the varied landscapes of the stunningly beautiful Akagera National Park. Strategically perched on an elevated ridge facing Lake Ihema, the motel like safari resort’s height offers sweeping views of the lush landscape all around you.
Rolling savannah covered with golden grass, dense lakeside forests, papyrus reed covered swamplands abounding with birds and terrestrial wildlife, these are the wild sights you can look forward to. When you arrive, you will be welcomed into an outdated reception, aesthetically adorned with Rwandan art and sculpture. The upper floor, accessible via a winding stairway, opens out an unpretentious bar and lounge area where you can spend time playing bao game.
Outside you will find two circular swimming pools. Spend time on your relaxing wilderness tour, sprawled in comfortable daybeds beside the pool as you watch kids playing in the separate wading pool. Or, enjoy a few rounds of tennis on the tennis court. Akagera Game Lodge offers a selection of 64 rooms, suites, and cottages in different specifications including interlinked rooms for use for families with children on a wildlife safari vacation in northeastern Rwanda.
Choose from the Standard Rooms, Double Rooms, Twin Bed Rooms and Family Room that are housed in double storied structures. Floor to ceiling doors, mosquito netting, a writing desk, chairs, TV and private balcony or patio together make the rooms modestly comfortable.
Some of the rooms face the Akagera savannah while others face Lake Inema. You could also choose from the two suites including the Junior Suite that include a comfortable lounge, dining area and bedroom with a king-sized bed. Also, the lodge offers two rondavel cottages created out of stone and thatch for the roofs with two floors. Each of them has a kitchenette and dining area. But, while one of them has three bedrooms, the other has two bedrooms.
The lodge also has Deluxe Rooms available. Dine on adequate meals served to you in the lodge's restaurant that extends out to a deck where you can order al fresco cuisine as you watch the antics of baboons on the lodge grounds. You might even be able to spot hippos wallowing in the lake or crocodiles sunning themselves on the banks.
Travel around the reserve for a closer look at the diverse variety of wildlife that Akagera Park is well known for. AfricanMecca Safaris will provide you an expert guide and a well-equipped safari vehicle. On your game drives and you might be able to spot some of the Big Five of Africa, the lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, and buffalo. As your guide talks to you about the dedicated work conservationists like African Park are doing, he will point to you some of the astounding over 500 bird species that thrive here.
On your birding safari, look for the quirky shoebill, fish eagles, cormorants, herons, crowned cranes, gonolek and marabou storks to name a few. You can also spot herbivores like the rare swamp denizen, sitatunga, impala, giraffe, zebra, oribi, hippos and many others. Go on a walking safari in the bush to spot more birds and smaller animals, insects and the fascinating flora. Or go on a boat cruise on the lake, perhaps with some fishing gear to catch fish and cook it over an open campfire, another memorable activity of your trip in Akagera National Park.
RELATED PAGES: (1) Akagera Safari Park Guide, (2) Best Time & Weather To Visit Akagera, (3) Safari Lodges, Camps & Hotels In Akagera
What We Like About Akagera Game Lodge
- An easily accessible location that can be reached with a two-hour drive from Kigali, Rwanda’s capital.
- Located inside the park boundary just within the southern entrance making game drives very convenient.
- The lodge offers child-friendly accommodation to family vacationers with interconnecting rooms, a distinct kids’ wading pool, and play area. On your request, high chairs and cribs are also provided.
- Strategic location on a ridge above Lake Inema offers superb vistas of the surrounding landscape.
- Value accommodation, so room prices are on the lower side.
Things To Note When Staying At Akagera Game Lodge
- Includes a conference hall that touring guests looking for an authentic safari experience can find disquieting.
- On fully booked nights, it caters to a large number of visitors (over 120 guests in 64 rooms) and thus misses out on the quiet, discerning experience in Akagera.
- Service and standards are variable. There is much need for improvement to maintain consistency.
- Outdated lodge rooms and common areas. Need for refurbishment.
- Lack of competition of other accommodations in the park has not led to an improvement of standards.
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Akagera Game Lodge, Rwanda
Read More +
PLACES TO STAY IN AKAGERA
Read More +
SAFARI & TOUR IN AKAGERA PARK
Read More +
RWANDA GORILLA TREK SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR AKAGERA GAME LODGE RWANDA
When staying at Akagera Game Lodge in Rwanda, we recommend combining it with a gorilla and primate safari to Volcanoes (Parc National de Volcans), Nyungwe and a city tour of Kigali. You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas of Gishwati-Mukura ending with a beach vacation at Lake Kivu or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO AKAGERA IN RWANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Akagera Game Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON AKAGERA GAME LODGE
EXPLORE MORE ON AKAGERA NATIONAL PARK IN RWANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED AKAGERA FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN RWANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE AKAGERA GAME LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisMasai Mara Horseback Riding Safari In Kenya Published By AfricanMecca Safaris | ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +