GUIDE ON CHAMELEON HILL LODGE IN UGANDA
Chameleon Hill Lodge Overview & Where Is It Located?Standing on the banks of Lake Mutanda with a 45 - 60 minutes drive to the Rushaga sector of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is a fascinating economy stayover called Chameleon Hill Lodge. Adventurers on their Uganda safari vacation arriving at the lodge can spot it from a distance thanks to its vibrant, kitschy hues that seem to reflect the spirit of Africa.
The stayover is located at about 2000 meters above sea level and comprises a series of structures overlooking the lake and the Virunga volcanoes in the backdrop. Spend time in the comfortable circular lounge or out on the deck, which is furnished with stools, chairs, and tables so that tour guests can enjoy panoramic views over the lake. You can also borrow a book from the small library and read in the warmth of the fireplace. Why not learn about the fascinating mountain gorillas of Bwindi Park that you will see on your hiking trips?
- Located on the banks of Lake Mutanda on the outskirts of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Stands at the height of 2000 meters above sea level
- Series of structures overlooking the lake with the Virunga Mountains in the backdrop
- Midway access in either directions to Kisoro Town, Mgahinga and Bwindi National Parks
- Nice outdoor seating arrangements for viewing the magnificence of the lakeside wilderness
What To Expect At Chameleon Hill Lodge Accommodation?
- Value Safari Tier 3 Experience. Total of 10 chalets adorned in colors reflecting the foliage of the park
- Choice of rooms with twin single beds or a large double bed covered with mosquito netting
- Separate patio for enjoying the floral views in the company of traveling companions
- Ensuite bathroom featuring a vanity and glass shower stall with rock detailing
- Each rectangular or roundish unit painted in brilliant hues that stand out against the landscape
Things To Do (Activities & Tour Attractions) & Why Visit Chameleon Hill Lodge On Bwindi Safari?
- Trekking through the Bwindi Impenetrable Park in the company of 350 bird species and other flora and fauna
- Spending 60 minutes in the company of the assigned mountain gorilla family to observe their habits
- Tracking some of the 10 species of primates known to live on the reserve
- Boating excursions on Lake Mutanda
- Visits to the local community to participate in their activities like basket weaving, carving artifacts, and making bead jewelry
The proximity of the lodge to Lake Mutanda allows for boat ride excursions, and you can spend a whole day exploring the environs. Stop by the nearby village for an opportunity to watch and participate in some of their activities, including weaving a basket, carving a gorilla mask, or learning the art of crafting jewelry. At the end of your visit to the Bwindi Impenetrable Park, be sure to buy a few souvenirs at the lodge store in support of the community artisans.
How Is The Dining At Chameleon Hill Lodge?
- All meals cooked using fresh produce sourced from the lodge kitchen gardens
- Choice of traditional Ugandan and international cuisine served beside the restaurant fireplace
- With prior notice, specific dietary requirements including lactose-free, vegetarian, and gluten-free can be addressed
- A bar for ordering drinks and cocktails best enjoyed with views of the setting sun
- Three-course dinners are served. Freshly-baked bread served with the dishes
What We Like About Chameleon Hill Lodge
- Located on the banks of Lake Mutanda with a spectacular view.
- Has a whimsical, kitschy appeal, with vibrant colors that vacationers relish in.
- Accommodates just 20 guests in 10 chalets, allowing for a quiet, intimate safari experience.
- Kitchen cooks with fresh produce from the on-site garden and is happy to prepare food according to specific dietary preferences and restrictions.
- Ideal single location if you want to track gorillas in Bwindi and golden monkeys in Mgahinga without switching accommodations but with the below caveat.
Things To Note When Staying At Chameleon Hill Lodge
- It is 1 hour to drive to Bwindi (Rushaga sector) and 2 hours out to Mgahinga. Not the best location as this would require a very early start to get to the trek meet-up point.
- The access road leading up to the lodge is extremely bumpy and rough. Steps lead to the main reception area and rooms; mobility-challenged tourists may find it difficult.
- The service levels from the staff can be variable at time; though, expected from a Value Safari Tier 3 property.
- Lacks a swimming pool, fitness center, and spa for the right reasons - authenticy, but arranges for the services of an expert masseuse upon request.
- Offers modest facilities and amenities that high-end and deluxe guests may find unsuitable for their stay. There is electricity rationing as the property is not on the grid nor operates through solar panels. The generator is switched on from 5:00 am to 6.30 am in the morning and again in the evening from 6.30 pm to 10.30 pm.
Chameleon Hill Lodge Rating By AfricanMecca
Service & Quality
Users (0 votes) 0
Chameleon Hill Lodge Is A Value Tier 3 Safari Accommodation
Write An Accommodation Trip Review On Chameleon Hill Lodge In Bwindi, Uganda
Read More +
WHERE & BEST PLACES TO STAY BWINDI
Read More +
SAFARI & TOUR IN BWINDI PARK
Read More +
UGANDA GORILLA TREK & CHIMPANZEE SAFARIS
What are our Customers saying about us? READ MORE REVIEWS
AfricanMecca Safaris offers incredibly knowledgeable and skilled services! Our travel arrangements for 2 months of volunteering with TEACH Rwanda in country were made quickly and economically. Honored to work with Raza!
Janet Brown - TEACH Rwanda Founder - United States
I just returned from a month in Africa, specifically Rwanda & Kenya. I am left breathless with my experience. AfricanMecca Safaris coordinated the entire trip for me and left no detail, nothing for me to do.
Carol Bobb - Pennsylvania, United States
Jambo Altaf, Many thanks for a brilliant holiday. Your choice of tented accommodation at the two Tsavos and Amboseli was superb, we didn't have a favourite. We would recommend AfricanMecca to anyone.
Geoffrey Topliss - Northampton, United Kingdom
I cannot say enough about the quality of AfricanMecca. Their teams in Kenya and Tanzania were top notch. Raza, again thanks to you and your entire organization! We will be repeat customers.
Dan Kobick - Managing Director, PricewaterhouseCoopers - New York, United States
This is to let you know my guests, The Bryant's, had a wonderful time on the trip Samburu, Masai Mara/Kenya, Chobe/Botswana & Victoria Falls/Zambia. Everything was perfect! Thank you..
Christine Milan - MT Carmel Travel - Connecticut, United States
Raza and AfricanMecca Safaris did an outstanding job with all of the arrangements lined up to help make our trip unforgettable. We do thank you from the bottom of our heart.
Kim and Mike Claiborne - Texas, United States
Rwanda was amazing. The accommodations, food, and guides AfricanMecca arranged were great. Raza also helped us through the complicated process of getting permits for gorilla trekking. AfricanMecca is a fantastic company to work with.
Stephanie Weir - United States
EAST AFRICA SAFARI BOOKING TRIP IDEA FOR CHAMELEON HILL LODGE IN BWINDI UGANDA
When staying at Chameleon Hill Lodge during your gorilla trekking safari in Uganda, we recommend combining it with Queen Elizabeth, Murchison Falls, and Kibale (chimpanzee safari) alongside your city tour visits of Kampala and Entebbe.
You may optionally extend out to other wilderness areas such as Mgahinga to track down golden monkeys and gorillas in the same park, Jinja for whitewater rafting on the Nile River, and Semliki, Lake Mburo or Kidepo for an offbeat wildlife tour.
You can end your vacation on the beach at Lake Victoria or even extending out to the exotic spice island of Zanzibar or Lamu, or even Mombasa.
Best Safari Planning Ideas & Trip Experiences For UgandaBelow are guide references on how to plan each of the below safari experience in Uganda. Alternatively, go to the summary section for a quick overview of each trip planning experience.READ MORE
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
Kickstart Your Safari Planning
ARE YOU PLANNING TO BOOK AN AFRICAN SAFARI TO BWINDI IN UGANDA?
Do You Need Knowledgeable, Experienced & Specialist Guidance With Chameleon Hill Lodge? Let Us Help Plan Your Trip Itinerary CorrectlyCONTACT AN AFRICA TRAVEL EXPERT ON CHAMELEON HILL LODGE
BWINDI CAMPS & LODGES
EXPLORE MORE ON BWINDI IMPENETRABLE NATIONAL PARK IN UGANDA
HAVE YOU VISITED BWINDI FOR AN AFRICA SAFARI IN UGANDA?
Write A Travel Or Tourist Trip Review To Share Your ExperiencesWRITE CHAMELEON HILL LODGE REVIEW
AMS BLOGVIEW ALL -
- 26 October 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisBaggage Guidance & Restrictions On Flying Safaris In Africa Published By Afr...READ MORE +
- 07 June 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Latest Kenya Blog Posts From AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisHorseback Riding Safari In Masai Mara (Kenya) Published By AfricanMecca Safaris ...READ MORE +
- 24 March 2017 by AfricanMecca Safaris, in Blog For AfricanMecca Safaris,Safari Planning Blog Posts - AfricanMecca SafarisTimes Square New York Hosts Kenya Tourism Board & Wilderness Safaris Meet Up...READ MORE +