||Tembo House Hotel - Zanzibar, Stone Town
The Tembo House Hotel is situated in the heart of Stone Town, Zanzibar on the picturesque seafront of the Indian Ocean. The magnificent hotel building has functioned in many ways over the past years. From 1834, it served as the American Consulate, standing right in the hub of the slave trading area and witnessing the most eventful half-century of Zanzibar's history. In 1884, it become the premises of Cowasjee Dinshaw and Partners, one of the most famous trading companies in the Western Indian Ocean in those years, whose name is still adorned on the entrance today.
The Tembo House Hotel has many interesting neighbors. Just next-door is the famous British Consulate, where Dr. David Livingstone's body was brought in 1874 during the epic journey from the deepest Africa to England.
Tell Me More About Tembo House Hotel Located In Stone Town, Zanzibar Island, as an Indian Ocean Island Beach Accommodation in Tanzania
• Each room is ensuite, fully equipped with air-conditioning, telephone, fridge, and satellite TV. With the priceless Arab style carved door of the main entrance, the Tembo House Hotel has an array of antique furniture and ornaments from all over the world. Sleep on a unique Swahili bed and enjoy wood carved furniture from India, Africa and different corners of the Orient.
• Most rooms have balconies overlooking the swimming pool courtyard with a perfect view of the beautiful sunsets.
• Other services offered at the hotel include laundry and internet services
Culinary and Dining Experience At Tembo House Hotel Located In Stone Town, Zanzibar Island
• The Bahari Restaurant offers excellent local and international cuisine.
• For special occasions, Tembo House Hotel can arrange for your own private traditional meal served on the terrace over looking the sea.
Relaxation Experience and Activities At Tembo House Hotel Located In Stone Town, Zanzibar Island
• The hotel has long beach on the front where many like to make use of it for swimming or Sunbathing.
• Swimming Pool facilities are available at the hotel.
• Sundowners while lying on the beach or sipping you evening tea or cold drink.
• Snorkeling off Bawe Island organized by AfricanMecca.
• Spice Tours organized by AfricanMecca.
• Jozani Tropical Forest visit.
• Zanzibar cultural tour organized by AfricanMecca.
• Visit to Prison Island organized by AfricanMecca.
• Visit to Grave Island organized by AfricanMecca.
• Overnight accommodation at the Chumbe Island Eco-Lodge.
• Dolphin Watching Safaris.
• Diving off Mnemba atoll and other Zanzibar diving sites.
• Fly to Mombasa and Lamu Island, Kenya to experience culture and history.
• Safaris in Tanzania visiting Selous, Ruaha, Serengeti, Kilimanjaro and Ngorongoro Reserves and Parks.
• Safaris in Kenya visit Samburu, Shaba, Mount Kenya, Masai Mara, Amboseli, and Nairobi Parks and Reserves.