Siana Springs Intrepids Camp - Masai Mara
Siana Springs Intrepids Camp is situated at the base of the Ngama Hills, on the eastern edge of the Maasai Mara - Kenya. Siana Springs occupies a lush indigenous forest watered by the largest natural springs in the Mara ecosystem - Siana Springs, or 'the plentiful springs' in Maa, the language of the Maasai tribe. The camp's location in the heart of the Siana Group Ranch offers guests unique opportunities for private bush walks and drives on the game-rich plains and along the seasonal streams beneath the Ngama Hills.
Siana Springs lntrepids Camp is 240 kilometers southwest of Nairobi, and the journey to the camp involves a five hour drive from the capital or 45 minutes flight to the camp's airstrip.
With an eco-tourism approach and focus on conservation, Siana Springs Intrepids Camp endeavors to uphold the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. The camp enjoys very close ties with its Maasai Landlords, who make more than 60 percent of its workforce. The local Nkoilale Primary School was built with support from Siana Springs Intrepids Camp, which continues to fund the school's development. The camp is also supporting an initiative to develop a local conservation area, which will protect the area's rich game and limit degradation by livestock grazing. Siana Springs Intrepids Camp is run on strict ecological principles, with water heating fueled by waste charcoal dust, biodegradable waste mulched for compost, and all wastewater recycled through the camp's extensive constructed wetland system.
Tell Me More About Siana Springs Intrepids Camp Located In Maasai Mara as an Africa Safaris Accommodation in Kenya
• Siana Springs Intrepids Camp offers 38 spacious tents situated in three secluded wings: the Bamboo wing, surrounded by bamboo groves and flowering ornamental trees near the main camp; the Palm wing, overlooking a series of springs, lily-clad ponds and lush indigenous forest; and the Acacia wing, which occupies more open acacia woodland rich in birdlife on the camp boundary.
• The tents boast the very latest in luxury camping, with large single or double beds, personal closets and writing desks, and en suite bathrooms with flush toilets and steaming hot showers.
• Reliable phone, e-mail, fax and postal services are also available at Camp.
• Full single-day laundry and valet services are available too.
Kenya Holiday Culinary and Dining Experience At Siana Springs Intrepids Camp Located In Maasai Mara National Reserve
• Siana Springs lntrepids Camp is centered on a large dining area with beautiful open-air terrace that looks out across the camp's lush lawns to the open plains of Africa and beyond.
ile the dining room has a large sitting capacity, most guests prefer to take their meals outside, where they can watch Siana's Springs resident bushbucks, vervet monkeys and tree hyraxes during the day and genet cats and mongooses at night.
Africa Safari Vacation Experience and Adventure Activities At Siana Springs Intrepids Camp Located In Maasai Mara
• Dancing and singing performances by the local Maasai tribe are normally held on the terrace. There is also a spacious bar and comfortable lounge area, a conference room with modern business facilities, and a boutique selling local handicrafts and safari essentials. In the middle of the forest, a beautiful swimming pool offers a soothing respite from the heat of the day.
• Walking safaris and nature walks can be organized.
• Night safari wildlife watching can be organized with the opportunity to see animals not seen during the daytime.
• With fly-in safaris, vehicles of choice are custom-built four-wheel drive vehicles.
• Romantic sundowners at Ngama Hills.
• Bush meals can be arranged for discerning guests wanting to be as close to nature as possible.
• Children can indulge in the Camp's Adventurers' Club programs.